Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3468] to Ku80
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Ku80 antibody [EPR3468]
See all Ku80 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3468] to Ku80
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Ku80 aa 700 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P13010
- WB: lysates from A549, HeLa, HepG2 and MCF7 cells; IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue; ICC/IF: HeLa cells. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells. IP: HeLa cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80592 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionSingle stranded DNA-dependent ATP-dependent helicase. Has a role in chromosome translocation. The DNA helicase II complex binds preferentially to fork-like ends of double-stranded DNA in a cell cycle-dependent manner. It works in the 3'-5' direction. Binding to DNA may be mediated by XRCC6. Involved in DNA non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break repair and V(D)J recombination. The XRCC5/6 dimer acts as regulatory subunit of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK by increasing the affinity of the catalytic subunit PRKDC to DNA by 100-fold. The XRCC5/6 dimer is probably involved in stabilizing broken DNA ends and bringing them together. The assembly of the DNA-PK complex to DNA ends is required for the NHEJ ligation step. In association with NAA15, the XRCC5/6 dimer binds to the osteocalcin promoter and activates osteocalcin expression. The XRCC5/6 dimer probably also acts as a 5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase (5'-dRP lyase), by catalyzing the beta-elimination of the 5' deoxyribose-5-phosphate at an abasic site near double-strand breaks. XRCC5 probably acts as the catalytic subunit of 5'-dRP activity, and allows to 'clean' the termini of abasic sites, a class of nucleotide damage commonly associated with strand breaks, before such broken ends can be joined. The XRCC5/6 dimer together with APEX1 acts as a negative regulator of transcription.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ku80 family.
Contains 1 Ku domain.
Developmental stageExpression increases during promyelocyte differentiation.
DomainThe EEXXXDDL motif is required for the interaction with catalytic subunit PRKDC and its recruitment to sites of DNA damage.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues. Phosphorylation by PRKDC may enhance helicase activity.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- 86 kDa subunit of Ku antigen antibody
- ATP dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 2 antibody
- ATP dependent DNA helicase II 80 kDa subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ku80 antibody [EPR3468] (ab80592) at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : PC-12(Rat adrenal gland pheochromocytoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3(Mouse embryonic fibroblast) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 83 kDa
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue using 1/100 ab80592.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab80592 (purified) at 1/50 dilution (20 µg/mL) immunoprecipitating Ku80 in HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 1 (input): HeLa(Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate 10µg
Lane 2 (+): ab80592 & HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab80592 in HeLa whole cell lysate
For western blotting, ab80592 at 1/500 dilution (1.86 µg/mL) and VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) was used for detection at 1/1000 dilution.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM /TBST .
All lanes : Anti-Ku80 antibody [EPR3468] (ab80592) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 83 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells with 1/500 ab80592.
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) cells labeling Ku80 with unpurified ab80592 at 1/20 dilution (10ug/mL) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (1/2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) was used as the isotype control, cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as the unlabeled control.
ab80592 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Yap L et al. In Vivo Generation of Post-infarct Human Cardiac Muscle by Laminin-Promoted Cardiovascular Progenitors. Cell Rep 26:3231-3245.e9 (2019). PubMed: 30893597
- Addis Jones O et al. PLK1 facilitates chromosome biorientation by suppressing centromere disintegration driven by BLM-mediated unwinding and spindle pulling. Nat Commun 10:2861 (2019). PubMed: 31253795
- Gittens WH et al. A nucleotide resolution map of Top2-linked DNA breaks in the yeast and human genome. Nat Commun 10:4846 (2019). PubMed: 31649282
- Kong AM et al. Bio-engineering a tissue flap utilizing a porous scaffold incorporating a human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived endothelial cell capillary network connected to a vascular pedicle. Acta Biomater 94:281-294 (2019). PubMed: 31152943
- Tiwari A et al. 53BP1 can limit sister-chromatid rupture and rearrangements driven by a distinct ultrafine DNA bridging-breakage process. Nat Commun 9:677 (2018). PubMed: 29445165