Key features and details
- Endogenous ionotropic / nicotinic antagonist; water soluble
- CAS Number: 2439-02-3
- Purity: > 99%
Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameKynurenic acid sodium salt, Endogenous ionotropic / nicotinic antagonist
DescriptionEndogenous ionotropic / nicotinic antagonist; water soluble
Endogenous antagonist at ionotropic, glycine and α7 nicotinic receptors. Neuroprotective in vivo. Water soluble form.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab146693) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
4-Hydroxyquinoline-2-carboxylic acid sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Broad spectrum / non-selective
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120256 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Naka A et al. Complementary networks of cortical somatostatin interneurons enforce layer specific control. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30883329
- Vaden JH et al. The readily-releasable pool dynamically regulates multivesicular release. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31364987
- Bull FA et al. Morphine activation of mu opioid receptors causes disinhibition of neurons in the ventral tegmental area mediated by ß-arrestin2 and c-Src. Sci Rep 7:9969 (2017). PubMed: 28855588
- Turrini L et al. Optical mapping of neuronal activity during seizures in zebrafish. Sci Rep 7:3025 (2017). PubMed: 28596596
- Ferreira-Neto HC et al. ATP stimulates rat hypothalamic sympathetic neurons by enhancing AMPA receptor-mediated currents. J Neurophysiol 114:159-69 (2015). PubMed: 25904713
- Vashchinkina E et al. Neurosteroid Agonist at GABAA receptor induces persistent neuroplasticity in VTA dopamine neurons. Neuropsychopharmacology 39:727-37 (2014). PubMed: 24077066
- Bock R et al. Strengthening the accumbal indirect pathway promotes resilience to compulsive cocaine use. Nat Neurosci 16:632-8 (2013). PubMed: 23542690
- Mitra P & Brownstone RM An in vitro spinal cord slice preparation for recording from lumbar motoneurons of the adult mouse. J Neurophysiol 107:728-41 (2012). PubMed: 22031766
- Brady JD et al. Vesicular GABA release delays the onset of the Purkinje cell terminal depolarization without affecting tissue swelling in cerebellar slices during simulated ischemia. Neuroscience 168:108-17 (2010). PubMed: 20226232