Product nameAnti-l Afadin antibody
See all l Afadin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to l Afadin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FrFl, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human, Monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to maleimide-activated KLH, corresponding to amino acids 1817-1829 of Rat I Afadin with N-terminal cysteine.
General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilutions should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11337 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/1000 (tested in mouse liver sections).
WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (in rat brain extracts).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionBelongs to an adhesion system, probably together with the E-cadherin-catenin system, which plays a role in the organization of homotypic, interneuronal and heterotypic cell-cell adherens junctions (AJs). Nectin- and actin-filament-binding protein that connects nectin to the actin cytoskeleton.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving MLLT4 is associated with acute leukemias. Translocation t(6;11)(q27;q23) with MLL/HRX. The result is a rogue activator protein.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 dilute domain.
Contains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 2 Ras-associating domains.
DomainThe PDZ/DHR domain interacts with the C-terminus of nectin and the Pro-rich N-terminus domain interacts with F-actin.
Cellular localizationCell junction > adherens junction. Not found at cell-matrix AJs.
- Information by UniProt
- AF6 antibody
- AFAD_HUMAN antibody
- Afadin antibody
All lanes : Anti-l Afadin antibody (ab11337) at 1/1000 dilution
Lanes 1-2 : Mouse hippocampal lysates
Lanes 3-4 : Mouse hippocampal lysates (boiled)
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 10 minutes
ab11337 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Ohama D et al. Differential regional and subcellular localization patterns of afadin splice variants in the mouse central nervous system. Brain Res 1692:74-86 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29733813
- Zhai X et al. PI3K/AKT/Afadin signaling pathway contributes to pathological vascularization in glioblastomas. Oncol Lett 15:1893-1899 (2018). PubMed: 29434887
- Wang XD et al. Nectin-3 links CRHR1 signaling to stress-induced memory deficits and spine loss. Nat Neurosci 16:706-13 (2013). PubMed: 23644483
- Fournier G et al. Loss of AF6/afadin, a marker of poor outcome in breast cancer, induces cell migration, invasiveness and tumor growth. Oncogene 30:3862-74 (2011). PubMed: 21478912
- Daane JM et al. Mesothelium of the murine allantois exhibits distinct regional properties. J Morphol 272:536-56 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 21284019
- Lokar M et al. Protruding membrane nanotubes: attachment of tubular protrusions to adjacent cells by several anchoring junctions. Protoplasma 246:81-7 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20526853