Key features and details
- Selective group III mGlu agonist
- CAS Number: 23052-81-5
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameL-AP4, group III mGlu agonist
DescriptionSelective group III mGlu agonist
Selective group III mGlu receptor agonist.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144481) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical nameL-(+)-2-Amino-4-phosphonobutyric acid
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120002 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Pérez-Fernández V et al. Rod Photoreceptor Activation Alone Defines the Release of Dopamine in the Retina. Curr Biol 29:763-774.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30799247
- Tikidji-Hamburyan A et al. Rods progressively escape saturation to drive visual responses in daylight conditions. Nat Commun 8:1813 (2017). PubMed: 29180667
- Yin S et al. Selective actions of novel allosteric modulators reveal functional heteromers of metabotropic glutamate receptors in the CNS. J Neurosci 34:79-94 (2014). PubMed: 24381270
- Reinhard K et al. Step-by-step instructions for retina recordings with perforated multi electrode arrays. PLoS One 9:e106148 (2014). PubMed: 25165854
- Pittolo S et al. An allosteric modulator to control endogenous G protein-coupled receptors with light. Nat Chem Biol 10:813-5 (2014). PubMed: 25173999