Key features and details
- Selective group III mGlu agonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
- CAS Number: 23052-81-5
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameL-AP4 (mM/ml), group III mGlu agonist
DescriptionSelective group III mGlu agonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
Selective group III mGlu agonist.
Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration. Find out more.
Chemical nameL-(+)-2-Amino-4-phosphonobutyric acid
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.Add 1 ml of water to get an exact ready to use concentration.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144481 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Buldyrev I & Taylor WR Inhibitory mechanisms that generate centre and surround properties in ON and OFF brisk-sustained ganglion cells in the rabbit retina. J Physiol 591:303-25 (2013). PubMed: 23045347
- Kalinichev M et al. ADX71743, a potent and selective negative allosteric modulator of metabotropic glutamate receptor 7: in vitro and in vivo characterization. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 344:624-36 (2013). PubMed: 23257312
- Goudet C et al. A novel selective metabotropic glutamate receptor 4 agonist reveals new possibilities for developing subtype selective ligands with therapeutic potential. FASEB J 26:1682-93 (2012). PubMed: 22223752
- Klyuch BP et al. Deletion of ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) reveals direct action potential-dependent adenosine release. J Neurosci 32:3842-7 (2012). PubMed: 22423104
- Gosnell HB et al. mGluR8 modulates excitatory transmission in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in a stress-dependent manner. Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1599-607 (2011). PubMed: 21451497