Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Lactate Dehydrogenase (Biotin)
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rabbit, Human, Chinese hamster
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Lactate Dehydrogenase antibody (Biotin)
See all Lactate Dehydrogenase primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Lactate Dehydrogenase (Biotin)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rabbit, Human, Chinese hamster
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Full length native Lactate Dehydrogenase (purified).
- purified enzyme from rabbit muscle(Worthington Biochemicals)
Biotinamidocaproate N-Hydroxysuccinimide Ester (BAC) Biotin/Protein Ratio: 10-20 BAC molecules per goat IgG molecule.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis product is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer stated above.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
ELISA: 1/4000 - 1/20000.
IM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Please note: The non-conjugated version of this antibody (ab2101) has been used in WB in the reference Zaman K et al (protocol available on the datasheet for ab2101).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
PathwayFermentation; pyruvate fermentation to lactate; (S)-lactate from pyruvate: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LDHA are the cause of glycogen storage disease type 11 (GSD11) [MIM:612933]. A metabolic disorder that results in exertional myoglobinuria, pain, cramps and easy fatigue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. LDH family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 19 protein antibody
- GSD11 antibody
- L lactate dehydrogenase B chain antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab7638 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kim SH et al. PGC-1a mediates a rapid, exercise-induced downregulation of glycogenolysis in rat skeletal muscle. J Physiol 593:635-43 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25416622
- Rudyk O et al. Protein kinase G oxidation is a major cause of injury during sepsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:9909-13 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23716652
- Jerde TJ et al. STRETCH INDUCTION OF CYCLOOXYGENASE-2 EXPRESSION IN HUMAN UROTHELIAL CELLS IS CALCIUM AND PROTEIN KINASE C ZETA-DEPENDENT. Mol Pharmacol : (2007). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17925460
- Yoshida Y et al. Negligible direct lactate oxidation in subsarcolemmal and intermyofibrillar mitochondria obtained from red and white rat skeletal muscle. J Physiol 582:1317-35 (2007). PubMed: 17556391