Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin (Biotin)
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA, ELISA, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Lactoferrin antibody (Biotin)
See all Lactoferrin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin (Biotin)
SpecificityBased on immunoelectrophoresis, ab25811 reacts with the human Lactoferrin found in human milk. No antibody was detected against other milk or serum proteins
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISA, ELISA, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein, purified from colostrum (Human)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.164% Sodium phosphate, 1.45% Sodium chloride, 1.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesIsolated from antisera by immunoaffinity chromatography using antigens coupled to agarose beads.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25811 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.
For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with ab10110 as Capture.
|ELISA||1/20000 - 1/400000.|
|WB||1/20000 - 1/400000. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/200 - 1/1000.
ab200208 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTransferrins are iron binding transport proteins which can bind two Fe(3+) ions in association with the binding of an anion, usually bicarbonate.
Lactotransferrin has antimicrobial activity which depends on the extracellular cation concentration.
Lactoferroxins A, B and C have opioid antagonist activity. Lactoferroxin A shows preference for mu-receptors, while lactoferroxin B and C have somewhat higher degrees of preference for kappa-receptors than for mu-receptors.
The lactotransferrin transferrin-like domain 1 functions as a serine protease of the peptidase S60 family that cuts arginine rich regions. This function contributes to the antimicrobial activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transferrin family.
Contains 2 transferrin-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
- GIG12 antibody
- Growth inhibiting protein 12 antibody
- HLF2 antibody
Standard curve for Lactoferrin (Analyte: ab78526); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [2B8] to Lactoferrin (ab10110) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin (Biotin) (ab25811) at 0.5µg/ml.
ab25811 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Woodman T et al. Effects of lactoferrin on neonatal pathogens and Bifidobacterium breve in human breast milk. PLoS One 13:e0201819 (2018). PubMed: 30133470
- Trend S et al. Antimicrobial protein and Peptide concentrations and activity in human breast milk consumed by preterm infants at risk of late-onset neonatal sepsis. PLoS One 10:e0117038 (2015). ELISA . PubMed: 25643281
- Mohan R et al. Clinical validation of integrated nucleic Acid and protein detection on an electrochemical biosensor array for urinary tract infection diagnosis. PLoS One 6:e26846 (2011). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 22066011
- Pan Y et al. Electrochemical immunosensor detection of urinary lactoferrin in clinical samples for urinary tract infection diagnosis. Biosens Bioelectron 26:649-54 (2010). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 20667707