Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin (HRP)
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Lactoferrin antibody (HRP)
See all Lactoferrin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin (HRP)
Specificityab24264 reacts with human lactoferrin found in human milk. No antibody was detected against other milk or serum proteins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native lactoferrin purified from human colostrum.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Constituents: 0.164% Sodium phosphate, 1.45% Sodium chloride, 1.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24264 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/5000 - 1/100000.|
|WB||1/5000 - 1/200000. Predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa.|
FunctionTransferrins are iron binding transport proteins which can bind two Fe(3+) ions in association with the binding of an anion, usually bicarbonate.
Lactotransferrin has antimicrobial activity which depends on the extracellular cation concentration.
Lactoferroxins A, B and C have opioid antagonist activity. Lactoferroxin A shows preference for mu-receptors, while lactoferroxin B and C have somewhat higher degrees of preference for kappa-receptors than for mu-receptors.
The lactotransferrin transferrin-like domain 1 functions as a serine protease of the peptidase S60 family that cuts arginine rich regions. This function contributes to the antimicrobial activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transferrin family.
Contains 2 transferrin-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
- GIG12 antibody
- Growth inhibiting protein 12 antibody
- HLF2 antibody
ab24264 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- van Leeuwen S et al. Early salivary changes in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous HSCT. Oral Dis 24:972-982 (2018). PubMed: 29637662
- Pan Y et al. Electrochemical immunosensor detection of urinary lactoferrin in clinical samples for urinary tract infection diagnosis. Biosens Bioelectron 26:649-54 (2010). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 20667707
- Fischer AJ et al. Differential Gene Expression in Human Conducting Airway Surface Epithelia and Submucosal Glands. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol : (2008). PubMed: 18703793