Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Laminin 1+2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Laminin 1+2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Laminin 1+2
SpecificityThis antibody is pan-specific and reacts well with all laminin isoforms tested: laminin-1 (alpha-1, beta-1, and gamma-1) and laminin-2 (alpha-2, beta-1, and gamma-1).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Mouse EHS tumour).
- Basement membranes (blood vessels of any tissue, tumors and nerve).
Laminin antibodies are widely used to label blood vessels and basement membranes.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesLaminin antibodies are widely used to label blood vessels and basement membranes.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7463 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunostaining enhanced by antigen retrieval with pepsin - apply 100ul of 4mg/ml pepsin dissolved in 0.01M HCl for 1 hour at 37C, especially paraffin tissue.
|WB||1/100 - 1/5000.
Use 5-7% of gel for electrophoresis.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/200.|
RelevanceLaminin is a complex glycoprotein, consisting of three different polypeptide chains (alpha, beta, gamma), which are bound to each other by disulfide bonds into a cross-shaped molecule comprising one long and three short arms with globules at each end. Binding to cells via a high affinity receptor, laminin is thought to mediate the attachment, migration and organization of cells into tissues during embryonic development by interacting with other extracellular matrix components.
Cellular localizationSecreted, Basement membrane, Extracellular matrix
- LAMA antibody
- LAMA1 antibody
- LAMA2 antibody
Ab7463 staining Laminin 1+2 in HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence). Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1:50 dilution. Hoechst 33258 (blue) was used as a nuclear counterstain.
Ab7463 staining Lamin 1+2 in HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence). Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1:5 dilution. An Alexa Fluor® 488- conjugated Goat to rabbit IgG was used as a secondary antibody. DAPI was used as a nuclear stain and an Alexa Fluor® 568 phalloidin (red) was used to stain actin fllaments.
All lanes : Anti-Laminin 1+2 antibody (ab7463) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse EHS tumor crude extracts
Lane 2 : Rat Heart Crude Extracts
Observed band size: 200,400 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Ab7463 staining Laminin in rat spinal cord and dorsal root by immunohistochemistry using paraformaldehyde/paraffin embedded tissue. Pepsin antigen retrieval was performed on this tissue sample.
ab7463 staining Laminin 1+2 in human MDA-MB-231 by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence). The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 buffer and blocked in 5% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/250 and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 37°C. A Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used undiluted, as secondary.
ab7463 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Vangansewinkel T et al. Mouse mast cell protease 4 suppresses scar formation after traumatic spinal cord injury. Sci Rep 9:3715 (2019). PubMed: 30842526
- Li L et al. Ascorbic Acid Facilitates Neural Regeneration After Sciatic Nerve Crush Injury. Front Cell Neurosci 13:108 (2019). PubMed: 30949031
- Labelle-Dumais C et al. COL4A1 Mutations Cause Neuromuscular Disease with Tissue-Specific Mechanistic Heterogeneity. Am J Hum Genet 104:847-860 (2019). PubMed: 31051113
- Mollica PA et al. 3D bioprinted mammary organoids and tumoroids in human mammary derived ECM hydrogels. Acta Biomater 95:201-213 (2019). PubMed: 31233891
- Louveau A et al. CNS lymphatic drainage and neuroinflammation are regulated by meningeal lymphatic vasculature. Nat Neurosci 21:1380-1391 (2018). PubMed: 30224810