Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [4H8-2] to Laminin 2 alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Laminin 2 alpha antibody [4H8-2]
See all Laminin 2 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [4H8-2] to Laminin 2 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Human
Heart Laminin 2 (Mouse).
EpitopeThe epitope recognized by the antibody resides in the N-terminal portion of the alpha 2 chain of laminin.
- IHC-Fr: Mouse tongue tissue.
General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilution samples should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11576 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.
This concentration was determined for acetone-fixed frozen sections of human tongue.
FunctionBinding to cells via a high affinity receptor, laminin is thought to mediate the attachment, migration and organization of cells into tissues during embryonic development by interacting with other extracellular matrix components.
Tissue specificityPlacenta, striated muscle, peripheral nerve, cardiac muscle, pancreas, lung, spleen, kidney, adrenal gland, skin, testis, meninges, choroid plexus, and some other regions of the brain; not in liver, thymus and bone.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LAMA2 are the cause of merosin-deficient congenital muscular dystrophy type 1A (MDC1A) [MIM:607855]. MDC1A is characterized by difficulty walking, hypotonia, proximal weakness, hyporeflexia, and white matter hypodensity on MRI.
Sequence similaritiesContains 17 laminin EGF-like domains.
Contains 5 laminin G-like domains.
Contains 2 laminin IV type A domains.
Contains 1 laminin N-terminal domain.
DomainThe alpha-helical domains I and II are thought to interact with other laminin chains to form a coiled coil structure.
Domains VI, IV and G are globular.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane. Major component.
- Information by UniProt
- LAMA 2 antibody
- LAMA2 antibody
- LAMA2_HUMAN antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of acetone-fixed frozen section of mouse tongue tissue labeling Laminin 2 alpha using ab11576 at 8 μg/mL, followed by a monoclonal Anti-Rat Kappa & Lamda light chains-FITC congugate at 1/40 dilution (Green).
ab11576 staining C57B6 mouse skeletal muscle cryostate tissue sections by IHC-Fr. The section was acetone fixed and blocked with 5% BSA for 30 mintes at RT, prior to incubation with the primary antibody (diluted 1/200 in blocking buffer) for 2 hours. A rhodamine-conjugated goat anti-rat antibody was used as the secondary.
ab11576 has been referenced in 36 publications.
- Cassidy LD et al. Temporal inhibition of autophagy reveals segmental reversal of ageing with increased cancer risk. Nat Commun 11:307 (2020). Mouse . PubMed: 31949142
- Moyle LA et al. Three-dimensional niche stiffness synergizes with Wnt7a to modulate the extent of satellite cell symmetric self-renewal divisions. Mol Biol Cell N/A:mbcE20010078 (2020). PubMed: 32491970
- Guilbeau-Frugier C et al. Structural evidence for a new elaborate 3D-organization of the cardiomyocyte lateral membrane in adult mammalian cardiac tissues. Cardiovasc Res 115:1078-1091 (2019). PubMed: 30329023
- Rion N et al. mTORC2 affects the maintenance of the muscle stem cell pool. Skelet Muscle 9:30 (2019). PubMed: 31791403
- Aeffner F et al. Validation of a Muscle-Specific Tissue Image Analysis Tool for Quantitative Assessment of Dystrophin Staining in Frozen Muscle Biopsies. Arch Pathol Lab Med 143:197-205 (2019). PubMed: 30168727