Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MEC5] to Laminin
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Laminin antibody [MEC5]
See all Laminin primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MEC5] to Laminin
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with the P1 fragment of laminin.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Rat Laminin. ab2466 was derived from DZB rats that had developed membranous glomerulopathy upon exposure to mercuric chloride
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
FunctionBinding to cells via a high affinity receptor, laminin is thought to mediate the attachment, migration and organization of cells into tissues during embryonic development by interacting with other extracellular matrix components.
Tissue specificityBroadly expressed in: skin, heart, lung, and the reproductive tracts.
Sequence similaritiesContains 11 laminin EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 laminin IV type A domain.
Contains 1 laminin N-terminal domain.
DomainThe alpha-helical domains I and II are thought to interact with other laminin chains to form a coiled coil structure.
Domain IV is globular.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- LAMA 1 antibody
- LAMA antibody
- LAMA1 antibody
ab2466 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yue F et al. PTEN Inhibition Ameliorates Muscle Degeneration and Improves Muscle Function in a Mouse Model of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Mol Ther 29:132-148 (2021). PubMed: 33068545
- Wen X et al. Evaluation of the Effects of Solvents Used in the Fabrication of Microfluidic Devices on Cell Cultures. Micromachines (Basel) 12:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34066183
- Berthod F et al. Spontaneous fibroblast-derived pericyte recruitment in a human tissue-engineered angiogenesis model in vitro. J Cell Physiol 227:2130-7 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 21769871
- Aten J et al. Autoantibodies to the laminin P1 fragment in HgCl2-induced membranous glomerulopathy. Am J Pathol 146:1467-80 (1995). PubMed: 7778685