Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [GL2A7] to LAMP2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LAMP2 antibody [GL2A7]
See all LAMP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [GL2A7] to LAMP2
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species WBMouseHuman
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Mouse LAMP2. Purified preparation of mouse liver lysosomal membranes.
- WB: HEK-293 and NIH/3T3 cell lysate.
General notesFor maximum product recovery, after thawing, centrifuge the product vial before removing cap.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13524 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
FunctionImplicated in tumor cell metastasis. May function in protection of the lysosomal membrane from autodigestion, maintenance of the acidic environment of the lysosome, adhesion when expressed on the cell surface (plasma membrane), and inter-and intracellular signal transduction. Protects cells from the toxic effects of methylating mutagens.
Tissue specificityIsoform LAMP-2A is highly expressed in placenta, lung and liver, less in kidney and pancreas, low in brain and skeletal muscle. Isoform LAMP-2B is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, less in brain, placenta, lung, kidney and pancreas, very low in liver.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LAMP2 are the cause of Danon disease (DAND) [MIM:300257]; also known as glycogen storage disease type 2B (GSD2B). DAND is a lysosomal glycogen storage disease characterized by the clinical triad of cardiomyopathy, vacuolar myopathy and mental retardation. It is often associated with an accumulation of glycogen in muscle and lysosomes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsO- and N-glycosylated; some of the 16 N-linked glycans are polylactosaminoglycans.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. This protein shuttles between lysosomes, endosomes, and the plasma membrane.
- Information by UniProt
FormAlternative splicing produces 3 isoforms.
- CD107 antigen like family member B antibody
- CD107 antigen-like family member B antibody
- CD107b antibody
All lanes : Anti-LAMP2 antibody [GL2A7] (ab13524) at 1/500 dilution (1 hr at RT)
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) lysate at 20 µg
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 (Mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) lysate at 10 µg
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rat, 1 hour at RT at 1/100 dilution
Block: 5% milk + TBST for 1 hour at RT.
Anti-LAMP2 antibody [GL2A7] (ab13524) at 1/1000 dilution + HEK293 cell lysate at 20 µg
Goat anti-rat HRP at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 105 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 28 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 70 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour at RT.
Incubated with primary antibody in 5% BSA/TBST for 16 hours at 4°C.
ab13524 has been referenced in 108 publications.
- Ma YY et al. IL28A protein homotetramer structure is required for autolysosomal degradation of HCV-NS5A in vitro. Cell Death Dis 11:200 (2020). PubMed: 32205851
- Maysinger D et al. Gold nanoclusters elicit homeostatic perturbations in glioblastoma cells and adaptive changes of lysosomes. Theranostics 10:1633-1648 (2020). PubMed: 32042327
- Spaulding HR et al. PGC-1a overexpression increases transcription factor EB nuclear localization and lysosome abundance in dystrophin-deficient skeletal muscle. Physiol Rep 8:e14383 (2020). PubMed: 32109352
- Yang L et al. Deferoxamine Treatment Combined With Sevoflurane Postconditioning Attenuates Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury by Restoring HIF-1/BNIP3-Mediated Mitochondrial Autophagy in GK Rats. Front Pharmacol 11:6 (2020). PubMed: 32140105
- Lang Y et al. HOTAIR drives autophagy in midbrain dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra compacta in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease by elevating NPTX2 via miR-221-3p binding. Aging (Albany NY) 12:7660-7678 (2020). PubMed: 32396526