Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LAMP2B - Lysosome Marker
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LAMP2B antibody - Lysosome Marker
See all LAMP2B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LAMP2B - Lysosome Marker
SpecificityThis product has low sequence homology with Mouse LAMP2B (67%), and high sequence homology with Mouse LAMP2C (91.7%).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human LAMP2B aa 350 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. LAMP2 has 3 distinct isoforms, LAMP2A, 2B & 2C which are expressed in different tissues and differ in sequence at the extreme C-terminus.
Database link: P13473
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa, HEK293. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Methanol fixed cell lines: HeLa. It also gave a positive signal in Human skin tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18529 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).|
FunctionImplicated in tumor cell metastasis. May function in protection of the lysosomal membrane from autodigestion, maintenance of the acidic environment of the lysosome, adhesion when expressed on the cell surface (plasma membrane), and inter- and intracellular signal transduction. Protects cells from the toxic effects of methylating mutagens.
Tissue specificityIsoform LAMP-2A is highly expressed in placenta, lung and liver, less in kidney and pancreas, low in brain and skeletal muscle. Isoform LAMP-2B is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, less in brain, placenta, lung, kidney and pancreas, very low in liver.
Involvement in diseaseDanon disease
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsO- and N-glycosylated; some of the 16 N-linked glycans are polylactosaminoglycans.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. This protein shuttles between lysosomes, endosomes, and the plasma membrane.
- Information by UniProt
FormAlternative splicing produces 3 isoforms.
- CD_antigen=CD107b antibody
- CD107 antigen like family member B antibody
- CD107 antigen-like family member B antibody
All lanes : Anti-LAMP2B antibody - Lysosome Marker (ab18529) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa
Additional bands at: 22 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 33 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 34 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 65 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 4 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The blot was incubated with ab18529 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
LAMP2B undergoes extensive glycosylation so ab18529 detects a band of 110 kDa by Western blot.
ab18529 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Corso G et al. Systematic characterization of extracellular vesicle sorting domains and quantification at the single molecule - single vesicle level by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and single particle imaging. J Extracell Vesicles 8:1663043 (2019). PubMed: 31579435
- Pérez L et al. Melanoma LAMP-2C Modulates Tumor Growth and Autophagy. Front Cell Dev Biol 6:101 (2018). PubMed: 30211163
- Sun Y et al. SFTS phlebovirus promotes LC3-II accumulation and nonstructural protein of SFTS phlebovirus co-localizes with autophagy proteins. Sci Rep 8:5287 (2018). PubMed: 29588492
- Tang X et al. Exosomal Tat protein activates latent HIV-1 in primary, resting CD4+ T lymphocytes. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29618654
- Singh V et al. Salmonella Co-opts Host Cell Chaperone-mediated Autophagy for Intracellular Growth. J Biol Chem 292:1847-1864 (2017). PubMed: 27932462