Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8988(B)] to LAS1L
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-LAS1L antibody [EPR8988(B)]
See all LAS1L primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8988(B)] to LAS1L
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human LAS1L aa 200-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9Y4W2
- 293T, HeLa and PC-3 cell lysates; HeLa cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab140656 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 83 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionInvolved in the biogenesis of the 60S ribosomal subunit. Required for maturation of the 28S rRNA. Functions as a component of the Five Friends of Methylated CHTOP (5FMC) complex; the 5FMC complex is recruited to ZNF148 by methylated CHTOP, leading to desumoylation of ZNF148 and subsequent transactivation of ZNF148 target genes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAS1 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Cytoplasm. Mainly found in the nucleoplasm, with low levels detected in the cytoplasmic and chromatin fractions (By similarity). Localizes mainly to the granular component, the region implicated in the later steps of rRNA processing and subunit assembly and export.
- Information by UniProt
- dJ475B7.2 antibody
- FLJ12525 antibody
- FLJ30133 antibody
All lanes : Anti-LAS1L antibody [EPR8988(B)] (ab140656) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : PC-3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 83 kDa
Observed band size: 83 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labelling LAS1L with ab140656 at 1/250 dilution.
ab140656 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gordon J et al. Nol9 Is a Spatial Regulator for the Human ITS2 Pre-rRNA Endonuclease-Kinase Complex. J Mol Biol 431:3771-3786 (2019). PubMed: 31288032
- Crow MS & Cristea IM Human Antiviral Protein IFIX Suppresses Viral Gene Expression during Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1) Infection and Is Counteracted by Virus-induced Proteasomal Degradation. Mol Cell Proteomics 16:S200-S214 (2017). PubMed: 28077445