Product nameLDH Assay Kit / Lactate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Lactate Dehydrogenase kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeEnzyme activity (quantitative)
Sensitivity> 1 mU/ml
Range1 mU/ml - 100 mU/ml
Assay time0h 30m
Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Assay Kit (Colorimetric) ab102526 quantifies LDH activity in a variety of samples such as serum or plasma, cells, and culture medium.
In the LDH assay protocol, LDH reduces NAD to NADH, which then interacts with a specific probe to produce a color (OD max = 450 nm). The kit can detect 1 - 100 mU/mL of LDH directly in samples. The assay is quick, convenient, and sensitive.
LDH assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix
- analyze every 2-3 min for at least 30 min with microplate reader in kinetic mode at 37ºC
As LDH is a fairly stable enzyme, the LDH assay is widely used as a marker for damage to cells and tissues, ie. to measure damage that is severe enough to allow LDH to leak from the cell.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests LDH Assay Buffer NM 1 x 50ml LDH Positive Control (lyophilized) Red 1 vial LDH Substrate Mix Amber 1 vial NADH Standard Yellow 1 vial
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
PathwayFermentation; pyruvate fermentation to lactate; (S)-lactate from pyruvate: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LDHA are the cause of glycogen storage disease type 11 (GSD11) [MIM:612933]. A metabolic disorder that results in exertional myoglobinuria, pain, cramps and easy fatigue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. LDH family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 19 protein
- L lactate dehydrogenase B chain
Cellular necrosis was measured as LDH release after cisplatin treatment for 24 h and 48 h using ab102526. The release of LDH was apparently increased at 24 and 48 h after cisplatin treatment.
Kinetic profiles of approx 0.5 mU of a sample of pure LDH (Positive Control) and 2 μL frozen human serum using buffer as a background control.
NADH Standard Curve
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang Q et al. miR-223-3p/TIAL1 interaction is involved in the mechanisms associated with the neuroprotective effects of dexmedetomidine on hippocampal neuronal cells in vitro. Mol Med Rep 19:805-812 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30569136) »
- Zou X et al. Renal scattered tubular-like cells confer protective effects in the stenotic murine kidney mediated by release of extracellular vesicles. Sci Rep 8:1263 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29352176) »