Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1746Y] to LDH-C
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LDH-C antibody [EP1746Y]
See all LDH-C primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1746Y] to LDH-C
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with Lactate Dehydrogenase C / LDH-C. The immunogen sequence is 100% identical to Lactate Dehydrogenase C / LDH-C, but there is the possibility of cross-reactivity for lactate dehydrogenase A and lactate dehydrogenase B at 69% and 82%, respectively.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human LDH-C aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P07864
- WB: Human testis lysate. IHC-P: Human testis carcinoma tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Previously labelled as Lactate Dehydrogenase C.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52747 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionPossible role in sperm motility.
PathwayFermentation; pyruvate fermentation to lactate; (S)-lactate from pyruvate: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. LDH family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cancer/testis antigen 32 antibody
- CT32 antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
Anti-LDH-C antibody [EP1746Y] (ab52747) at 1/20000 dilution + Human testis lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 31 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded human testis carcinoma using ab52747 at a 1/50 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52747 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Muranaka F et al. A Comparative Immunohistochemical Study of Anal Canal Epithelium in Humans and Swine, Focusing on the Anal Transitional Zone Epithelium and the Anal Glands. Anat Rec (Hoboken) N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29232767
- Kong L et al. Expression of lactate dehydrogenase C in MDA-MB-231 cells and its role in tumor invasion and migration. Mol Med Rep 13:3533-8 (2016). PubMed: 26935238
- Rolland AD et al. Identification of genital tract markers in the human seminal plasma using an integrative genomics approach. Hum Reprod 28:199-209 (2013). PubMed: 23024119
- Wyns C et al. Long-term spermatogonial survival in cryopreserved and xenografted immature human testicular tissue. Hum Reprod 23:2402-14 (2008). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 18664476