Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [NOC1] to Leu Enkephalin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, RIA, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Leu Enkephalin antibody [NOC1]
See all Leu Enkephalin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NOC1] to Leu Enkephalin
This antibody does not distinguish between Met-enkephalin and Leu-enkephalin by radioimmunoassay or by immunocytochemistry.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, RIA, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferContains no additives.
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Purification notesab150346 is in a protein-free culture medium.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab150346 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|RIA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceEnkephalin and enkephalin-like peptides have been detected in many animal species. In mammals these opioid pentapeptides are cleaved from a common precursor molecule which is expressed in a number of cell types, including neurons and endocrine cells associated with the sympathetic nervous system where they are often co-stored with catecholamines. They are known to be endogenous ligands for Sopioid receptors and are known to mediate analgesia at the spinal level.
- PENK antibody
- Proenkephalin A antibody
- Proenkephalin antibody
Paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse brain tissue stained for Leu Enkephalin using ab150346 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis, followed by goat anti-mouse Alexa Fluor® 488.
ab150346 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Oliver RJ et al. Transient Chemogenetic Inhibition of D1-MSNs in the Dorsal Striatum Enhances Methamphetamine Self-Administration. Brain Sci 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31752398
- Tang D et al. High expression of proenkephalin is associated with favorable outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Cancer Manag Res 11:6681-6690 (2019). PubMed: 31410059
- Zheng C et al. TRH Analog, Taltirelin Improves Motor Function of Hemi-PD Rats Without Inducing Dyskinesia via Sustained Dopamine Stimulating Effect. Front Cell Neurosci 12:417 (2018). PubMed: 30555300
- Cuello AC et al. Characterization and immunocytochemical application of monoclonal antibodies against enkephalins. J Histochem Cytochem 32:947-57 (1984). PubMed: 6086744