Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 5.63 pg/ml
- Range: 11.7 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Saliva, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Human, Pig
Product nameLeukotriene B4 ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Medium 607pg/ml 6.8% High 1078pg/ml 5.9% Low 305pg/ml 6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low 99pg/ml 15.7% Medium 308pg/ml 16.5% High 507pg/ml 5.5%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Urine, Plasma
Range11.7 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Saliva 114.1 % - % Urine 96.9 % - % Plasma 109.6 % - % Tissue Culture Media 97.3 % - %
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Abcam’s Leukotriene B4 in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Leukotriene B4 (LTB4) in tissue culture media, plasma, urine and saliva.
A goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated-LTB4 antigen and a polyclonal rabbit antibody specific to LTB4. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of LTB4 captured in the plate.
Leukotrienes are major products of 5-lipoxygenase metabolism of arachidonic acid. Leukotriene B4 (LTB4) stimulates leukocyte functions including lysosomal enzyme release, adhesion, and aggregation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. LTB4 has been implicated as a potent mediator of inflammatory diseases and immunoregulation. The cysteinyl leukotrienes (LTC4, LTD4, and LTE4) are formed by addition of cysteine derivatives to LTA4. The conversion of LTA4 to LTC4 by the enzyme LTC4 synthase limits the rate of cysteinyl leukotriene formation. Cysteinyl leukotrienes are potent lipid mediators in inflammation, inducing smooth muscle contractions and increased capillary permeability.
Compound Cross Reactivity % LTB4 100 6-trans-12-epi-LTB4 5.50 12-epi-LTB4 4.90 PGE2 0.94 PGF2α <0.2 20-OH-LTB4 <0.2 20-COOH-LTB4 <0.2 LTC4 <0.2 LTD4 <0.2 LTE4 <0.2 5(S)-HETE <0.2 12(S)-HETE <0.2 15(S)-HETE <0.2
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Assay Buffer 1 x 27ml Goat anti-rabbit IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Leukotriene B4 Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Leukotriene B4 Antibody 1 x 5ml Leukotriene B4 Standard 1 x 500µl Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
- Leukotriene B4
ab133040 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Bi D et al. Effects of leukotriene B4 on interleukin-32, interferon-? and chemokines in rats with rheumatoid arthritis. Exp Ther Med 14:2925-2930 (2017). PubMed: 28912850
- Störmann P et al. Leukotriene B4 indicates lung injury and on-going inflammatory changes after severe trauma in a porcine long-term model. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 127:25-31 (2017). ELISA . PubMed: 29156155
- Pinho BR et al. Modulation of basophils' degranulation and allergy-related enzymes by monomeric and dimeric naphthoquinones. PLoS One 9:e90122 (2014). PubMed: 24587235