Product nameLevodropropizine, Non-opioid antitussive agent
DescriptionNon-opioid antitussive agent
- DF 526
Levo isomer of dropropizine (ab145777). Anti-allergic. Histamine receptor inhibitor. Peripherally acting non-opioid antitussive agent. Reduces cough by interfering with stimulus activation of peripheral endings of sensory nerves and by modulation of neuropeptides involved in the cough reflex. Has affinity for H1 histamine and alpha adrenoceptors.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM, in water to 50 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zanasi A et al. Levodropropizine for treating cough in adult and children: a meta-analysis of published studies. Multidiscip Respir Med 10:19 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26097707) »
- Shams H et al. Effects of levodropropizine on vagal afferent C-fibres in the cat. Br J Pharmacol 117:853-8 (1996). Read more (PubMed: 8851501) »
- Yamawaki I et al. Levodropropizine reduces capsaicin- and substance P-induced plasma extravasation in the rat trachea. Eur J Pharmacol 243:1-6 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 7504629) »
- Lavezzo A et al. Peripheral site of action of levodropropizine in experimentally-induced cough: role of sensory neuropeptides. Pulm Pharmacol 5:143-7 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1611233) »
- Melillo G et al. General pharmacology of the new antitussive levodropropizine. Arzneimittelforschung 38:1144-50 (1988). Read more (PubMed: 3196408) »
- Malandrino S et al. Antitussive properties of levodropropizine. Arzneimittelforschung 38:1141-3 (1988). Read more (PubMed: 3196407) »