Product nameAnti-LexA DNA Binding Region antibody
See all LexA DNA Binding Region primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LexA DNA Binding Region
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes E. coli LexA and LexA DBD-tagged fusion proteins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Full length protein corresponding to the DNA binding domain (DBD, amino acids 1-222) of E. coli LexA.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.035% Sodium azide
Constituents: Whole serum, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50953 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/25000 - 1/100000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa). 1/25000 - 1/100000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa). This product has been tested by Western blotting using a LexA-Rb fusion and a LexA-PP2A, beta subunit fusion expressed in budding yeast. The observed molecular weight of a fusion protein will be increased by approximately 24 kDa due to the addition of the LexA DNA binding domain.|
|IP||Use at 1-0.2 µg/mg of lysate.|
RelevanceThe LexA protein of Escherichia coli is a transcriptional repressor regulating approximately 20 genes, many of which are involved in DNA repair (SOS response). It binds with variable affinity to single, double, or even triple-operators via its amino-terminal domain that contains three alpha-helices spanning residues. This characteristic of LexA protein has been used to make efficient baits for two-hybrid studies.
- ExrA antibody
- Lex A antibody
- LexA antibody
All lanes : Anti-LexA DNA Binding Region antibody (ab50953) at 1/100000 dilution
Lane 1 : Crude yeast protein extract without a LexA fusion protein
Lane 2 : Crude yeast protein extract expressing a LexA-Retinoblastoma (Rb) fusion protein
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 130 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab50953 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Bunnell BE et al. Zinc blocks SOS-induced antibiotic resistance via inhibition of RecA in Escherichia coli. PLoS One 12:e0178303 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28542496
- Odsbu I & Skarstad K DNA compaction in the early part of the SOS response is dependent on RecN and RecA. Microbiology 160:872-82 (2014). WB ; Escherichia coli . PubMed: 24615185
- Erental A et al. Apoptosis-like death, an extreme SOS response in Escherichia coli. MBio 5:e01426-14 (2014). WB ; Escherichia coli . PubMed: 25028428
- Reyes MI et al. Peptide aptamers that bind to geminivirus replication proteins confer a resistance phenotype to tomato yellow leaf curl virus and tomato mottle virus infection in tomato. J Virol 87:9691-706 (2013). PubMed: 23824791
- Zhang F et al. Disrupting vesicular trafficking at the endosome attenuates transcriptional activation by Gcn4. Mol Cell Biol 28:6796-818 (2008). WB . PubMed: 18794364