Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LHX3/LIM
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Fish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LHX3/LIM antibody
See all LHX3/LIM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LHX3/LIM
Ab14555 recognizes LHX3/LIM and does not appear to crossreact with gsh4 on tissue sections.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Fish
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Mouse LHX3/LIM (C terminal).
Previously labelled as LHX3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. Binds to and activates the promoter of the alpha-glycoprotein gene, and synergistically enhances transcription from the prolactin promoter in cooperation with Pit-1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LHX3 are the cause of pituitary hormone deficiency combined type 3 (CPHD3) [MIM:221750]; also known as combined pituitary hormone deficiency with rigid cervical spine or sensorineural deafness with pituitary dwarfism. CPHD is characterized by a complete deficit in all but one (adrenocorticotropin) anterior pituitary hormone and a rigid cervical spine leading to limited head rotation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
DomainThe LIM domain specifically interacts with the Pit-1 POU domain and is required for synergistic interactions with Pit-1, but not for basal transcriptional activation events.
- Information by UniProt
- CPHD 3 antibody
- CPHD3 antibody
- DKFZp762A2013 antibody
ab14555 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Suter TACS et al. TAG-1 Multifunctionality Coordinates Neuronal Migration, Axon Guidance, and Fasciculation. Cell Rep 30:1164-1177.e7 (2020). PubMed: 31995756
- Nam H et al. Critical roles of ARHGAP36 as a signal transduction mediator of Shh pathway in lateral motor columnar specification. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31305241
- Kim J et al. Rnf220 cooperates with Zc4h2 to specify spinal progenitor domains. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30177510
- Sagner A et al. Olig2 and Hes regulatory dynamics during motor neuron differentiation revealed by single cell transcriptomics. PLoS Biol 16:e2003127 (2018). PubMed: 29389974
- Mukaigasa K et al. Motor neurons with limb-innervating character in the cervical spinal cord are sculpted by apoptosis based on the Hox code in chick embryo. Development 144:4645-4657 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Chicken . PubMed: 29061638
- Yan Y et al. Prdx4 is a compartment-specific H2O2 sensor that regulates neurogenesis by controlling surface expression of GDE2. Nat Commun 6:7006 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25943695
- Adams KL et al. Foxp1-mediated programming of limb-innervating motor neurons from mouse and human embryonic stem cells. Nat Commun 6:6778 (2015). PubMed: 25868900
- Soundararajan P et al. Guidance of postural motoneurons requires MAPK/ERK signaling downstream of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1. J Neurosci 30:6595-606 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Chicken . PubMed: 20463222
- Ji SJ et al. Nolz1 is induced by retinoid signals and controls motoneuron subtype identity through distinct repressor activities. Development 136:231-40 (2009). PubMed: 19056829
- Kobeissy FH et al. Novel differential neuroproteomics analysis of traumatic brain injury in rats. Mol Cell Proteomics 5:1887-98 (2006). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 16801361