Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LIFR
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LIFR antibody
See all LIFR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIFR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Human, Pig, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse LIFR aa 500-600 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse Placenta tissue lysate and in mouse placenta FFPE tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 122 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 122 kDa).|
FunctionSignal-transducing molecule. May have a common pathway with IL6ST. The soluble form inhibits the biological activity of LIF by blocking its binding to receptors on target cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LIFR are the cause of Stueve-Wiedemann syndrome (SWS) [MIM:601559]; also knowns as Schwartz-Jampel syndrome type 2 (SJS2). SWS is a severe autosomal recessive condition and belongs to the group of the bent-bone dysplasias. SWS is characterized by bowing of the lower limbs, with internal cortical thickening, wide metaphyses with abnormal trabecular pattern, and camptodactyly. Additional features include feeding and swallowing difficulties, as well as respiratory distress and hyperthermic episodes, which cause death in the first months of life. The rare survivors develop progressive scoliosis, spontaneous fractures, bowing of the lower limbs, with prominent joints and dysautonomia symptoms, including temperature instability, absent corneal and patellar reflexes, and smooth tongue.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving LIFR is found in salivary gland pleiomorphic adenomas, the most common benign epithelial tumors of the salivary gland. Translocation t(5;8)(p13;q12) with PLAG1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 2 subfamily.
Contains 6 fibronectin type-III domains.
DomainThe WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
The box 1 motif is required for JAK interaction and/or activation.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD118 antibody
- CD118 antigen antibody
- FLJ98106 antibody
Anti-LIFR antibody (ab101228) at 1 µg/ml + Mouse Placenta Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 122 kDa
Observed band size: 122 kDa
Additional bands at: 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 90 seconds
IHC image of LIFR staining in mouse placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab101228, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A goat anti-rabbit biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab101228 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Poon J et al. Cigarette smoke exposure reduces leukemia inhibitory factor levels during respiratory syncytial viral infection. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 14:1305-1315 (2019). PubMed: 31417248
- Yakin M et al. Tunicamycin-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress up-regulates tumour-promoting cytokines in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cytokine 120:130-143 (2019). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 31071674
- Wang J et al. miR-629-3p may serve as a novel biomarker and potential therapeutic target for lung metastases of triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 19:72 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28629464
- Subramani E et al. Dysregulated leukemia inhibitory factor and its receptor regulated signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 pathway: a possible cause for repeated implantation failure in women with dormant genital tuberculosis? Fertil Steril 105:1076-1084.e5 (2016). PubMed: 26776907
- Ma Y et al. Functional screen reveals essential roles of miR-27a/24 in differentiation of embryonic stem cells. EMBO J 34:361-78 (2015). PubMed: 25519956