Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody
See all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Limk1 and does not detect Limk2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human LIM Kinase 1 aa 600 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive result in the following lysates: Human brain tissue; Rat cortex tissue lysate; SHSY-5Y; SK N BE.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibody
- LIM domain containing protein kinase antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab81046 stained NR8383 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab81046 at 5µg/ml (shown in green) and ab195884, Rat monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 647), at a 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue). The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h.
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab81046) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Rat Cortex Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 73 kDa
Observed band size: 73 + 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 22 kDa, 87 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
LIM domain kinase 1(LIMK1) contains a number of potential phosphorylation sites (SwissProt data) which may explain it running at a slightly higher molecular weight than predicted (75 kDa).
ICC/IF image of ab81046 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab81046, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab81046 staining in Human Hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab81046, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab81046 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Shi B et al. MiR-106a directly targets LIMK1 to inhibit proliferation and EMT of oral carcinoma cells. Cell Mol Biol Lett 24:1 (2019). PubMed: 30873211
- Bu Q et al. Cocaine induces differential circular RNA expression in striatum. Transl Psychiatry 9:199 (2019). PubMed: 31434869
- Lu H et al. Curcolonol suppresses the motility of breast cancer cells by inhibiting LIM kinase 1 to downregulate cofilin 1 phosphorylation. Int J Oncol 53:2695-2704 (2018). PubMed: 30320377
- Lu M et al. Inhibition of p21-activated kinase 1 attenuates the cardinal features of asthma through suppressing the lymph node homing of dendritic cells. Biochem Pharmacol 154:464-473 (2018). PubMed: 29906467
- Liu W et al. Electroacupuncture Regulates Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity via miR-134-Mediated LIMK1 Function in Rats with Ischemic Stroke. Neural Plast 2017:9545646 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28116173
- Su B et al. Identification of potential targets for diallyl disulfide in human gastric cancer MGC-803 cells using proteomics approaches. Oncol Rep 33:2484-94 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25812569
- Kim JE et al. LIM kinase-2 induces programmed necrotic neuronal death via dysfunction of DRP1-mediated mitochondrial fission. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2014). WB . PubMed: 24561342
- Mahavongtrakul M et al. Estradiol dose-dependent regulation of membrane estrogen receptor-a, metabotropic glutamate receptor-1a, and their complexes in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus in female rats. Endocrinology 154:3251-60 (2013). PubMed: 23825124
- Dekker Nitert M et al. Maternal high-fat diet alters expression of pathways of growth, blood supply and arachidonic acid in rat placenta. J Nutr Sci 2:e41 (2013). WB . PubMed: 25191597