Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody
See all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P53667
- WB: PMA-treated HeLa cell lysate; IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue; ICC/ IF: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194798 in the following tested applications.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- LIM domain containing protein kinase antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue labeling LIMK1 (phospho T508) using ab194798 at 1/50 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody (ab194798) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : PMA-treated HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Immunofluorescence staining of methanol-fixed HeLa cells stained for LIMK1 (phospho T508) with ab194798.
ab194798 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Krishnan V et al. Omental macrophages secrete chemokine ligands that promote ovarian cancer colonization of the omentum via CCR1. Commun Biol 3:524 (2020). PubMed: 32963283
- Yu HX et al. MicroRNA-384 inhibits the progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma through blockade of the LIMK1/cofilin signaling pathway by binding to LIMK1. Biomed Pharmacother 109:751-761 (2019). PubMed: 30551528
- Lu M et al. Inhibition of p21-activated kinase 1 attenuates the cardinal features of asthma through suppressing the lymph node homing of dendritic cells. Biochem Pharmacol 154:464-473 (2018). PubMed: 29906467
- Yu L et al. c-Maf inducing protein inhibits cofilin-1 activity and alters podocyte cytoskeleton organization. Mol Med Rep 16:4955-4963 (2017). PubMed: 28791377