Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody
See all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508)
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for LIM Kinase only when phosphorylated at threonine 508. It recognizes both LIMK1 and LIMK2 from human, mouse, and rat.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from Human LIM Kinase around the phosphorylation site of threonine 508.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- LIM domain containing protein kinase antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
ab38508 at a 1:50 dilution staining LIM Kinase in Human breast carcinoma tissue using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Left image : untreated.
Right image : treated with phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody (ab38508) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extract of COLO cells + peptide.
Lane 2 : Extract of COLO cells.
Lane 3 : Extract of MCF7 cells.
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Alkaline Phosphatase AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Predicted band size: 73 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Lanes can be loaded with 5-30µg of total protein. The arrow next to the image points to LIM Kinase (phospho T508).
ab38508 staining LIM Kinase 1 in mouse brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
bdKO mice were anesthetized and transcardially perfused with PBS, followed by 4% paraformaldehyde (PFA) prior to brain dissection. Brains were then postfixed in 4% PFA for 2 days, embedded in paraffin and sectioned.
ab38508 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Ravindran S et al. BDNF Induced Translation of Limk1 in Developing Neurons Regulates Dendrite Growth by Fine-Tuning Cofilin1 Activity. Front Mol Neurosci 12:64 (2019). PubMed: 30949027
- Lee M et al. Developmentally regulated GTP-binding protein 1 modulates ciliogenesis via an interaction with Dishevelled. J Cell Biol 218:2659-2676 (2019). PubMed: 31270137
- Lu H et al. Curcolonol suppresses the motility of breast cancer cells by inhibiting LIM kinase 1 to downregulate cofilin 1 phosphorylation. Int J Oncol 53:2695-2704 (2018). PubMed: 30320377
- Li H & Chen C Quercetin Has Antimetastatic Effects on Gastric Cancer Cells via the Interruption of uPA/uPAR Function by Modulating NF-?b, PKC-d, ERK1/2, and AMPKa. Integr Cancer Ther 17:511-523 (2018). PubMed: 28627240
- Collinson JM et al. The developmental and genetic basis of 'clubfoot' in the peroneal muscular atrophy mutant mouse. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29439133