Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LIM1/LHX1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC, WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis, Fish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LIM1/LHX1 antibody
See all LIM1/LHX1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM1/LHX1
Does not appear to crossreact with LIM5 (the closest homologue of LIM1/LHX1 in frog) on tissue sections but does crossreact with LIM5 in Western blot and immunoprecipitation.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC, WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis, Fish
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Xenopus laevis LIM1/LHX1 (C terminal).
- Tested with P19 cell line.
This product was previously labelled as LIM1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14554 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/3000 - 1/6000. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPotential transcription factor. May play a role in early mesoderm formation and later in lateral mesoderm differentiation and neurogenesis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, thymus, and tonsils. Expressed in samples from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and in 58% of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
DomainThe LIM domains exert a negative regulatory function and disruption of the LIM domains produces an activated form. In addition, two activation domains and a negative regulatory domain exist C-terminally to the homeobox.
- Information by UniProt
- hLim-1 antibody
- Homeo box protein Lim 1 antibody
- Homeo box protein Lim1 antibody
ab14554 staining LIM1/LHX1 in human fetal kidney cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100 in PBS and blocked with 5% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 1 hour at 37°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated mouse anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody. Actin filaments stained with phalloidin (red).
ab14554 at 1/200 dilution staining mouse postnatal day 5 retina cells (known to express LIM1/LHX1) by ICC/IF. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and incubated with the antibody for 72 hours. An Alex-Fluor 488 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary. The image shows strong horizontal cell process labeling with fainter nuclear label.
ab14554 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lui NC et al. Lhx1/5 control dendritogenesis and spine morphogenesis of Purkinje cells via regulation of Espin. Nat Commun 8:15079 (2017). PubMed: 28516904
- Peng XG et al. Evolution of correlation between Helicobacter pylori infection and autoimmune liver disease. Exp Ther Med 14:1487-1490 (2017). PubMed: 28810614
- Liu J et al. Chromatin landscape defined by repressive histone methylation during oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Neurosci 35:352-65 (2015). ICC/IF . PubMed: 25568127
- Di Giovannantonio LG et al. Otx2 cell-autonomously determines dorsal mesencephalon versus cerebellum fate independently of isthmic organizing activity. Development 141:377-88 (2014). PubMed: 24335253
- Amirpour N et al. Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Progenitors into Retinal Cells by Sonic Hedgehog and/or Retinal Pigmented Epithelium and Transplantation into the Subretinal Space of Sodium Iodate-Injected Rabbits. Stem Cells Dev : (2011). IHC-Fr ; Rabbit . PubMed: 21456900
- García-Moreno F et al. A neuronal migratory pathway crossing from diencephalon to telencephalon populates amygdala nuclei. Nat Neurosci 13:680-9 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 20495559