Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5G5] to Lipocalin-2 / NGAL
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Lipocalin-2 / NGAL antibody [5G5]
See all Lipocalin-2 / NGAL primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5G5] to Lipocalin-2 / NGAL
Specificityab23477 is specific for Lipocalin-2 / NGAL, native and denatured forms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Lipocalin-2/ NGAL. Full length native human neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin isolated from neutrophils.
- Capa-2, BxPC-3, ASPC1 cell line
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at 4°C or -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23477 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 25-35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).
Non reducing conditions will give multiple bands of 35, 70 and 55 kDa. Do not use serum for blocking as serum will contain Lipocalin-2 / NGAL.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionIron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and in tissues that are prone to exposure to microorganism. High expression is found in bone marrow as well as in uterus, prostate, salivary gland, stomach, appendix, colon, trachea and lung. Not found in the small intestine or peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Upon binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, it is internalized.
- Information by UniProt
- 24p3 antibody
- 25 kDa alpha 2 microglobulin related subunit of MMP9 antibody
- 25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related subunit of MMP-9 antibody
ab23477 staining human skin tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval prior to blocking with 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/50 and incubated with the sample for 20 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated horse anti-mouse antibody diluted 1/200 was used as the secondary.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human PaCa tissue sections labelling Lipocalin 2 with ab23477.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human chronic pancreatits tissue sections labelling Lipocalin-2 / NGAL with ab23477.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of normal human pancreas tissue sections labelling Lipocalin-2 / NGAL with ab23477.
ab23477 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Monisha J et al. NGAL is Downregulated in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Leads to Increased Survival, Proliferation, Migration and Chemoresistance. Cancers (Basel) 10:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29996471
- Ku AT et al. TCF7L1 promotes skin tumorigenesis independently of ß-catenin through induction of LCN2. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28467300
- Wang X et al. iTRAQ-Based Proteomics Screen identifies LIPOCALIN-2 (LCN-2) as a potential biomarker for colonic lateral-spreading tumors. Sci Rep 6:28600 (2016). WB, IHC . PubMed: 27339395
- Wolk K et al. Deficient cutaneous antibacterial competence in cutaneous T-cell lymphomas: role of Th2-mediated biased Th17 function. Clin Cancer Res 20:5507-16 (2014). PubMed: 25212608
- Chung TW et al. Lipocalin-2 elicited by advanced glycation end-products promotes the migration of vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:3386-95 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24149112