Product nameLithium dodecyl sulfate, Anionic detergent
- Dodecyl lithium sulfate
- Dodecyl sulfate lithium salt
- Lauryl sulfate lithium salt
Anionic detergent that may be used for denaturing native proteins in place of SDS (sodium dodecyl sulfate) for gel electrophoresis in cold conditions.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Cao H et al. Combinational Therapy Enhances the Effects of Anti-IGF-1R mAb Figitumumab to Target Small Cell Lung Cancer. PLoS One 10:e0135844 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26287334) »
- Bird MJ et al. Neuronal and astrocyte dysfunction diverges from embryonic fibroblasts in the Ndufs4fky/fky mouse. Biosci Rep 34:e00151 (2014). Read more (PubMed: 25312000) »
- Kubo K & Takagi T Binding of lithium dodecyl sulfate to polyacrylamide gel at 4 degrees C perturbs electrophoresis of proteins. Anal Biochem 156:11-6 (1986). Read more (PubMed: 3740404) »
- Delepelaire P & Chua NH Lithium dodecyl sulfate/polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of thylakoid membranes at 4 degrees C: Characterizations of two additional chlorophyll a-protein complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 76:111-5 (1979). Read more (PubMed: 16592604) »