Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6672(B)] to Liver Arginase
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Liver Arginase antibody [EPR6672(B)]
See all Liver Arginase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6672(B)] to Liver Arginase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Liver Arginase aa 300-400. The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- Human fetal liver and Human fetal lung lysates; Human hepatocellular carcinoma tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133543 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).Can be blocked with Liver Arginase peptide (ab217538).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
PathwayNitrogen metabolism; urea cycle; L-ornithine and urea from L-arginine: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ARG1 are the cause of argininemia (ARGIN) [MIM:207800]; also known as hyperargininemia. Argininemia is a rare autosomal recessive disorder of the urea cycle. Arginine is elevated in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid, and periodic hyperammonemia occurs. Clinical manifestations include developmental delay, seizures, mental retardation, hypotonia, ataxia, progressive spastic quadriplegia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the arginase family.
- Information by UniProt
- A I antibody
- Al antibody
- ARG 1 antibody
Anti-Liver Arginase antibody [EPR6672(B)] (ab133543) at 1/2000 dilution + Human liver lysates at 15 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Exposure time: 5 seconds
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Ab133543 staining liver arginase in paraffin embedded Human hepatocellular cancer tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1:2000 dilution (0.13 μg/ml). A ready to use Goat anti-rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) was used as the secondary antibody. Hematoxylin was used as a counterstain. Cytoplasmic and nuclear staining on human hepatocellular cancer.
Lane 1 (input): Human fetal liver whole cell lysate, 10μg
Lane 2: Human fetal liver whole cell lysate
Lane 3: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab133543 in Human fetal liver whole cell lysate
Ab133543 immunoprecipitating liver arginase in Human fetal liver whole cell lysates. Primary antibody was used at a 1:1000 dilution (0.27 μg/ml). For western blotting, VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) was used for detection at 1:5000 dilution. Capture antibody was used at 1:20 dilution (1.3μg in 0.35mg lysates).
Blocking and diluting buffer used: 5% NFDM/TBST.
ab133543 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Jiao X et al. Promoter methylation of SEPT9 as a potential biomarker for early detection of cervical cancer and its overexpression predicts radioresistance. Clin Epigenetics 11:120 (2019). PubMed: 31426855
- Asrani KH et al. Arginase I mRNA therapy - a novel approach to rescue arginase 1 enzyme deficiency. RNA Biol 15:914-922 (2018). PubMed: 29923457
- Beller E et al. Pilot study to assess visualization and therapy of inflammatory mechanisms after vessel reopening in a mouse stroke model. Sci Rep 8:745 (2018). PubMed: 29335483
- Xu S et al. Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) attenuates inflammation after spinal cord injury by promoting macrophages/microglia M2 polarization in mice. J Neuroinflammation 15:155 (2018). PubMed: 29788960
- Guo M et al. Ginsenoside Rg3 Mitigates Atherosclerosis Progression in Diabetic apoE-/- Mice by Skewing Macrophages to the M2 Phenotype. Front Pharmacol 9:464 (2018). PubMed: 29867472
- Zhao CL et al. Alanine-Glyoxylate Aminotransferase 1 (AGXT1) is a Novel Marker for Hepatocellular Carcinomas. Hum Pathol N/A:N/A (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29883780
- Zaytouni T et al. Critical role for arginase 2 in obesity-associated pancreatic cancer. Nat Commun 8:242 (2017). PubMed: 28808255
- Steggerda SM et al. Inhibition of arginase by CB-1158 blocks myeloid cell-mediated immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment. J Immunother Cancer 5:101 (2017). IHC-P . PubMed: 29254508
- Vanden Heuvel JP et al. Registered report: Systematic identification of genomic markers of drug sensitivity in cancer cells. Elife 5:N/A (2016). WB . PubMed: 27336789
- Ordóñez NG Arginase-1 is a novel immunohistochemical marker of hepatocellular differentiation. Adv Anat Pathol 21:285-90 (2014). PubMed: 24911253