Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Livin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Livin antibody
See all Livin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Livin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 1-211 of Human Livin (AAH14475).
- WB: A431, H1299, HeLa and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900) IHC-P: Cal27 xenograft ICc/IF: HeLa cell
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97350 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionProtects against apoptosis induced by TNF or by chemical agents such as adriamycin, etoposide or staurosporine. Suppression of apoptosis is mediated by activation of MAPK8/JNK1, and possibly also of MAPK9/JNK2. This activation depends on TAB1 and NR2C2/TAK1. In vitro, inhibits caspase-3 and proteolytic activation of pro-caspase-9. Isoform 1 blocks staurosporine-induced apoptosis. Isoform 2 blocks etoposide-induced apoptosis.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 and isoform 2 are expressed at very low levels or not detectable in most adult tissues. Detected in adult heart, placenta, lung, lymph node, spleen and ovary, and in several carcinoma cell lines. Isoform 2 is detected in fetal kidney, heart and spleen, and at lower levels in adult brain, skeletal muscle and peripheral blood leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 1 BIR repeat.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, and in a filamentous pattern throughout the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Baculoviral IAP repeat containing 7 antibody
- Baculoviral IAP repeat containing protein 7 antibody
- Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 7 antibody
Anti-Livin antibody (ab97350) at 1/1000 dilution + A431 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
12% SDS PAGE
ab97350, at a 1/200 dilution, staining Livin in paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cell by immunofluorescence.
The lower image shows ab97350 merged with DNA probe.
ab97350, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Livin in paraffin embedded Cal27 xenograft by Immunohistochemistry.
ab97350 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Gao LM et al. Tumor-suppressive effects of microRNA-181d-5p on non-small-cell lung cancer through the CDKN3-mediated Akt signaling pathway in vivo and in vitro. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30628487
- Gao XL et al. Effects of RNA interference-mediated silencing of toll-like receptor 4 gene on proliferation and apoptosis of human breast cancer MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 cells: An in vitro study. J Cell Physiol 234:433-442 (2018). PubMed: 29932226
- Liu S et al. Silencing Livin improved the sensitivity of colon cancer cells to 5-fluorouracil by regulating crosstalk between apoptosis and autophagy. Oncol Lett 15:7707-7715 (2018). PubMed: 29740490
- Su QB et al. Livin serves as a prognostic marker for mid-distal rectal cancer and a target of mid-distal rectal cancer treatment. Oncol Lett 14:7759-7766 (2017). PubMed: 29344221
- Saladi SV et al. BRG1 promotes survival of UV-irradiated melanoma cells by cooperating with MITF to activate the melanoma inhibitor of apoptosis gene. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:377-91 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23480510
- Li X et al. RNA interference-mediated knockdown of Livin suppresses cell proliferation and invasion and enhances the chemosensitivity to cisplatin in human osteosarcoma cells. Int J Oncol 43:159-68 (2013). PubMed: 23632777