Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LKB1 (phospho S428)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LKB1 (phospho S428) antibody
See all LKB1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LKB1 (phospho S428)
Specificityab63473 detects endogenous levels of LKB1 only when phosphorylated at serine 428.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human LKB1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 428 (R-L-SP-A-C).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab63473 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63473 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
FunctionEssential role in G1 cell cycle arrest. Phosphorylates and activates members of the AMPK-related subfamily of protein kinases. Tumor suppressor.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Strongest expression in testis and fetal liver.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in STK11 are a cause of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS) [MIM:175200]. PJS is a rare hereditary disease in which there is predisposition to benign and malignant tumors of many organ systems. PJS is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by melanocytic macules of the lips, multiple gastrointestinal hamartomatous polyps and an increased risk for various neoplasms, including gastrointestinal cancer.
Defects in STK11 have been associated with testicular tumors (TEST) [MIM:273300]. A common solid malignancy in males. Germ cell tumors of the testis constitute 95% of all testicular neoplasms.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. LKB1 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by a cAMP-dependent protein kinase.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Relocates to the cytoplasm when bound to CAB39 and STRAD or CAB39 and ALS2CR2.
- Information by UniProt
- hLKB1 antibody
- Liver kinase B1 antibody
- LKB1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-LKB1 (phospho S428) antibody (ab63473) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : mouse brain extracts
Lane 2 : mouse brain extracts with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa
Additional bands at: 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab63473 at 1/500 dilution staining LKB1 in NIH3T3 cells by Immunofluorescence, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab63473 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Kinsey CG et al. Protective autophagy elicited by RAF?MEK?ERK inhibition suggests a treatment strategy for RAS-driven cancers. Nat Med 25:620-627 (2019). PubMed: 30833748
- Hong B et al. Activation of the LKB1-SIK1 signaling pathway inhibits the TGF-ß-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition and apoptosis resistance of ovarian carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep 17:2837-2844 (2018). PubMed: 29257268
- Ding Z et al. PCSK9 expression in the ischaemic heart and its relationship to infarct size, cardiac function, and development of autophagy. Cardiovasc Res 114:1738-1751 (2018). PubMed: 29800228
- Sueda T et al. BRAF V600E inhibition stimulates AMP-activated protein kinase-mediated autophagy in colorectal cancer cells. Sci Rep 6:18949 (2016). PubMed: 26750638
- Yang SH et al. Lovastatin overcomes gefitinib resistance through TNF-a signaling in human cholangiocarcinomas with different LKB1 statuses in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget 6:23857-73 (2015). WB, IHC . PubMed: 26160843
- Konno H et al. Cyclic Dinucleotides Trigger ULK1 (ATG1) Phosphorylation of STING to Prevent Sustained Innate Immune Signaling. Cell 155:688-98 (2013). PubMed: 24119841