Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LMX1A - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LMX1A antibody - C-terminal
See all LMX1A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LMX1A - C-terminal
SpecificityAt least two isoforms are known to exist. ab139726 is predicted to not cross-react with LMX1B.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human LMX1A aa 300-350 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary. 16 amino acids. NP_796372
Database link: NP_796372
- WB: Rat brain tissue lysate. IHC-P: Mouse and human brain tissue. ICC/IF: Mouse neural stem cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab139726 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator by binding to an A/T-rich sequence, the FLAT element, in the insulin gene promoter. Required for development of the roof plate and, in turn, for specification of dorsal cell fates in the CNS and developing vertebrae.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is expressed in many tissues. Not found in heart, liver, spleen and testis. Relatively highly expressed in fetal brain. Isoform LMX1A-4B is expressed in testis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
- Information by UniProt
- HGNC:6653 antibody
- LIM homeobox protein 1.1 antibody
- LIM homeobox transcription factor 1 alpha antibody
ab139726 staining LMX1A (red) in mouse neural stem cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence).
Cells were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% BSA for 1 hour at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS + 3% BSA + 0.3% Triton X-100) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa-Fluor® 568-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) monoclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Blue - DAPI, Green - Nestin.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections) of mouse brain tissue labeling LMX1A with ab139726 at 5 μg/ml.
Lane 1 : Anti-LMX1A antibody - C-terminal (ab139726) at 1 µg
Lane 2 : Anti-LMX1A antibody - C-terminal (ab139726) at 2 µg
All lanes : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections) of human brain tissue labeling LMX1A with antibody ab139726 at 2.5 μg/ml.
Immunofluorescence of human brain tissue labeling LMX1A with ab139726 at 20 μg/ml.
ab139726 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Raina A et al. Neuronal Trans-differentiation by Transcription Factors Ascl1 and Nurr1: Induction of a Dopaminergic Neurotransmitter Phenotype in Cortical GABAergic Neurons. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31317490
- Qian P et al. LMX1A inhibits C-Myc expression through ANGPTL4 to exert tumor suppressive role in gastric cancer. PLoS One 14:e0221640 (2019). PubMed: 31557193
- Shall G et al. Effects of Passage Number and Differentiation Protocol on the Generation of Dopaminergic Neurons from Rat Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 29498713
- Shaltouki A et al. Alpha-synuclein delays mitophagy and targeting Miro rescues neuron loss in Parkinson's models. Acta Neuropathol 136:607-620 (2018). PubMed: 29923074
- Bhupal PK et al. Behavioral and neurochemical responses derived from dopaminergic intrastriatal grafts in hemiparkinsonian rats engaged in a novel motor task. J Neurosci Methods 307:149-163 (2018). PubMed: 29924980