Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LOXL4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LOXL4 antibody
See all LOXL4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LOXL4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human LOXL4 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Testis and Skin Tissue Lysates. IF/ICC: A549 cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88186 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay modulate the formation of a collagenous extracellular matrix.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues, the highest levels among the tissues studied being in the skeletal muscle, testis and pancreas. Expressed in cartilage.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the lysyl oxidase family.
Contains 4 SRCR domains.
modificationsThe lysine tyrosylquinone cross-link (LTQ) is generated by condensation of the epsilon-amino group of a lysine with a topaquinone produced by oxidation of tyrosine.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- 4833426I20Rik antibody
- FLJ21889 antibody
- LOX L4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-LOXL4 antibody (ab88186) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human testis tissue lysate - total protein (ab30257)
Lane 2 : Human skin tissue lysate - total protein (ab30166)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 12 minutes
The band observed at 80 kDa could potentially be a cleaved form of LOXL4. Abcam welcomes customer feedback.
IHC image of ab88186 staining in human testes formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab88186, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ICC/IF image of ab88186 stained A549 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab88186, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab88186 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li R et al. Exosome-mediated secretion of LOXL4 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma cell invasion and metastasis. Mol Cancer 18:18 (2019). PubMed: 30704479
- Xie W et al. Clinical significance of LOXL4 expression and features of LOXL4-associated protein-protein interaction network in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Amino Acids 51:813-828 (2019). PubMed: 30900087
- Terajima M et al. Cyclophilin B control of lysine post-translational modifications of skin type I collagen. PLoS Genet 15:e1008196 (2019). PubMed: 31173582
- Comptour A et al. Lysyl oxidase-like 4 involvement in retinoic acid epithelial wound healing. Sci Rep 6:32688 (2016). PubMed: 27597564
- Jiang WP et al. Identification of the involvement of LOXL4 in generation of keratocystic odontogenic tumors by RNA-Seq analysis. Int J Oral Sci 6:31-8 (2014). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24357854