Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LTBP2
- Suitable for: ICC, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LTBP2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LTBP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
antigen sequence, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 241-376 of Human LTBP2.
- IHC-P: Human lung tissue; ICC: U-2 OS cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab121193 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use a concentration of 0.25 - 2 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionMay play an integral structural role in elastic-fiber architectural organization and/or assembly.
Tissue specificityExpressed in lung, weakly expressed in heart, placenta, liver and skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LTBP2 are the cause of primary congenital glaucoma type 3D (GLC3D) [MIM:613086]. An autosomal recessive form of primary congenital glaucoma (PCG). PCG is characterized by marked increase of intraocular pressure at birth or early childhood, large ocular globes (buphthalmos) and corneal edema. It results from developmental defects of the trabecular meshwork and anterior chamber angle of the eye that prevent adequate drainage of aqueous humor.
Defects in LTBP2 are the cause of microspherophakia (MCSPH) [MIM:251750]. It is a rare disease characterized by smaller and more spherical lenses than normal bilaterally, an increased anteroposterior thickness of the lens and highly myopic eyes. Lens dislocation or subluxation may occur, leading to defective accommodation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LTBP family.
Contains 20 EGF-like domains.
Contains 4 TB (TGF-beta binding) domains.
DomainAssociates covalently with small latent TGF-beta complex via Repeat B and Repeat C.
modificationsContains hydroxylated asparagine residues.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Localized in nuchal ligament and aorta to the fibrillin-containing, microfibrillar component of elastic fibers.
- Information by UniProt
- C14orf141 antibody
- Chromosome 14 open reading frame 141 antibody
- Latent TGF beta binding protein 2 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung tissue labelling MLTBP2 with ab121193 at 1/500 dilution. Heat mediated antigen retrieval performed with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunocytochemistry analysis of U-2 OS (human bone osteosarcoma epithelial cell line) cells labelling MLTBP2 with ab121193 at 2 µg/mL.
ab121193 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Huang Y et al. High Expression of LTBP2 Contributes to Poor Prognosis in Colorectal Cancer Patients and Correlates with the Mesenchymal Colorectal Cancer Subtype. Dis Markers 2019:5231269 (2019). PubMed: 30956730
- Chen J et al. Expression and clinical significance of latent-transforming growth factor beta-binding protein 2 in primary hepatocellular carcinoma. Medicine (Baltimore) 98:e17216 (2019). PubMed: 31574831
- Wang J et al. LTBP2 promotes the migration and invasion of gastric cancer cells and predicts poor outcome of patients with gastric cancer. Int J Oncol 52:1886-1898 (2018). PubMed: 29620158
- Wang C et al. Latent Transforming Growth Factor ß Binding Protein 2 (LTBP2) as a Novel Biomarker for the Diagnosis and Prognosis of Pancreatic Carcinoma. Med Sci Monit 23:3232-3239 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28669978
- Zhou X et al. CACNA1B (Cav2.2) Overexpression and Its Association with Clinicopathologic Characteristics and Unfavorable Prognosis in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Dis Markers 2017:6136401 (2017). PubMed: 28127114
- Han L et al. LTBP2 is a prognostic marker in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 7:45052-45059 (2016). PubMed: 27281608
- Yoon H et al. Interplay between exercise and dietary fat modulates myelinogenesis in the central nervous system. Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:545-555 (2016). PubMed: 26826016
- Hornigold N & Mooney A Extracellular matrix-induced Hic-5 expression in glomerular mesangial cells leads to a prosclerotic phenotype independent of TGF-ß. FASEB J 29:4956-67 (2015). PubMed: 26405299