- References (1)
Product nameLuteolin, Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
DescriptionAntioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer flavonoid
Biological descriptionAntioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticancer flavonoid. Free radical scavenger and apoptosis inducer. Inhibits TNF-α induced COX-2 expression and supresses PI3K/Akt, NF-κB cell survival pathways.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Kim JE et al. Luteolin, a novel natural inhibitor of tumor progression locus 2 serine/threonine kinase, inhibits tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression in JB6 mouse epidermis cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 338:1013-22 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21705614) »
- Fang F et al. Luteolin inhibits apoptosis and improves cardiomyocyte contractile function through the PI3K/Akt pathway in simulated ischemia/reperfusion. Pharmacology 88:149-58 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21934351) »
- Lin Y et al. Luteolin, a flavonoid with potential for cancer prevention and therapy. Curr Cancer Drug Targets 8:634-46 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18991571) »