Product nameAnti-LXR beta/NER antibody
See all LXR beta/NER primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to LXR beta/NER
SpecificityBased on the peptide used, this antibody is expected to be specific for LXR beta/NER and not to cross-react with LXR alpha.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
- ICC/IF: U2OS cells FC: HeLa cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline. pH 7.3
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24361 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionOrphan receptor. Binds preferentially to double-stranded oligonucleotide direct repeats having the consensus half-site sequence 5'-AGGTCA-3' and 4-nt spacing (DR-4). Regulates cholesterol uptake through MYLIP-dependent ubiquitination of LDLR, VLDLR and LRP8.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Liver X nuclear receptor beta antibody
- Liver X receptor beta antibody
- LX receptor beta antibody
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of U2OS cells labeling LXR beta/NER with ab24361 at 10μg/mL. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor®488 at 2μg/mL. Actin filaments were stained with phalloidin (red) and the nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG at 10μg/mL followed by Alexa Fluor®488 secondary antibody (2μg/mL). Nuclear statining is observed.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells labeling LXR beta/NER antibody with ab24361 at 10μg/mL (blue). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.5% Triton. Alexa Fluor®488 at 1μg/mL was used as secondary antibody. IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black) followed by Alexa Fluor®488 secondary antibody.
This product has been referenced in:
- Grinman DY et al. Liver X receptor-a activation enhances cholesterol secretion in lactating mammary epithelium. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 316:E1136-E1145 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30964702) »
- Courtaut F et al. Liver X receptor ligand cytotoxicity in colon cancer cells and not in normal colon epithelial cells depends on LXRß subcellular localization. Oncotarget 6:26651-62 (2015). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 26450852) »