Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to LXR beta/NER
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-LXR beta/NER antibody
See all LXR beta/NER primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LXR beta/NER
Specificityab28479 recognises LXR beta/NER.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Mouse and rat liver
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28479 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
FunctionOrphan receptor. Binds preferentially to double-stranded oligonucleotide direct repeats having the consensus half-site sequence 5'-AGGTCA-3' and 4-nt spacing (DR-4). Regulates cholesterol uptake through MYLIP-dependent ubiquitination of LDLR, VLDLR and LRP8.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Liver X nuclear receptor beta antibody
- Liver X receptor beta antibody
- LX receptor beta antibody
All lanes : Anti-LXR beta/NER antibody (ab28479) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat liver cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse liver cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit
Predicted band size: 51 kDa
ab28479 labelling LXR beta/NER (green) in the nuclear envelope of C2C12 cells (right) compared with a negative control (left) by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence. Formalin-fixed cells were permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 in TBS for 5-10 minutes, and blocked with 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cells were incubated with the primary antibody (1:200 in 3% BSA-PBS) overnight at 4 ºC. A DyLight 488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody. Red (phalloidin) - F-actin, Blue (DAPI) - nuclei. Images were taken at a magnification of 60x.
ab28479 staining LXR beta/NER in C2C12 cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS and blocked with 1% BSA for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (2ug/ml) for 3 hours at room temperature. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody (1/2000). Nuclei stained blue and F-actin stained red. Panel d shows the merged image
ab28479 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Huang Z et al. G protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) links inflammation and cholesterol efflux by controlling lipopolysaccharide-induced ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 expression in macrophages. FASEB J 33:1631-1643 (2019). PubMed: 30153049
- Yin J et al. The fucoidan from the brown seaweed Ascophyllum nodosum ameliorates atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Food Funct 10:5124-5139 (2019). PubMed: 31364648
- Yang H et al. Cytotoxic Necrotizing Factor 1 Downregulates CD36 Transcription in Macrophages to Induce Inflammation During Acute Urinary Tract Infections. Front Immunol 9:1987 (2018). PubMed: 30233583
- Mukwaya A et al. Time-dependent LXR/RXR pathway modulation characterizes capillary remodeling in inflammatory corneal neovascularization. Angiogenesis 21:395-413 (2018). WB, IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 29445990
- Pan LL et al. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate Ameliorates Atherosclerosis and Modulates Hepatic Lipid Metabolic Gene Expression in Apolipoprotein E Knockout Mice: Involvement of TTC39B. Front Pharmacol 9:195 (2018). PubMed: 29593532
- Nikolova V et al. Changes in LXR signaling influence early-pregnancy lipogenesis and protect against dysregulated fetoplacental lipid homeostasis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 313:E463-E472 (2017). PubMed: 28420650
- Katsube A et al. Pim-1L Protects Cell Surface-Resident ABCA1 From Lysosomal Degradation in Hepatocytes and Thereby Regulates Plasma High-Density Lipoprotein Level. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 36:2304-2314 (2016). PubMed: 27765770
- Seto NL & Bogan RL Decreased cholesterol uptake and increased liver x receptor-mediated cholesterol efflux pathways during prostaglandin F2 alpha-induced and spontaneous luteolysis in sheep. Biol Reprod 92:128 (2015). WB ; Sheep . PubMed: 25882703
- He Q et al. Liver X receptor agonist treatment attenuates cardiac dysfunction in type 2 diabetic db/db mice. Cardiovasc Diabetol 13:149 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 25416469