Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [HK1.4] to Ly6c
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2c
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Ly6c antibody [HK1.4]
See all Ly6c primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [HK1.4] to Ly6c
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Ly6c. L3 cloned CTL cells
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 8.2
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24973 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceLy6C is a monocyte/macrophage and endothelial cell differentiation antigen regulated by interferon gamma, and may play a role in the development and maturation of lymphocytes. It is a member of the Ly6 multigene family of type V glycophosphatidylinositol anchored cell surface proteins. It is expressed on bone marrow cells, monocytes/macrophages, neutrophils, endothelial cells, and T cell subsets. Mice with the Ly6.2 allotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129) have subsets of CD4+Ly6C+ and CD8+Ly6C+ cells, while Ly6.1 strains (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have only CD8+Ly6C+ lymphocytes.
Cellular localizationCell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor.
- Ly 6c antibody
- Ly6c protein antibody
- Ly6c1 antibody
ab24973 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Feng Z et al. Ly6G+ neutrophil-derived miR-223 inhibits the NLRP3 inflammasome in mitochondrial DAMP-induced acute lung injury. Cell Death Dis 8:e3170 (2017). PubMed: 29144508
- Liyanage SE et al. Flow cytometric analysis of inflammatory and resident myeloid populations in mouse ocular inflammatory models. Exp Eye Res 151:160-70 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 27544307
- Zhao C et al. Nuclear Factor E2-related Factor-2 (Nrf2) Is Required for NLRP3 and AIM2 Inflammasome Activation. J Biol Chem 289:17020-17029 (2014). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 24798340
- Scindia Y et al. Activated CD4+ T cells target mesangial antigens and initiate glomerulonephritis. Nephron Exp Nephrol 121:e1-9 (2012). PubMed: 23095207
- Makaroff LE et al. Postthymic maturation influences the CD8 T cell response to antigen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4799-804 (2009). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 19270077