Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [HK1.4] to Ly6c
- Suitable for: Cellular Activation, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2c
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
100mM borate buffered saline, pH 8.0.
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24973 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceLy6C is a monocyte/macrophage and endothelial cell differentiation antigen regulated by interferon gamma, and may play a role in the development and maturation of lymphocytes. It is a member of the Ly6 multigene family of type V glycophosphatidylinositol anchored cell surface proteins. It is expressed on bone marrow cells, monocytes/macrophages, neutrophils, endothelial cells, and T cell subsets. Mice with the Ly6.2 allotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129) have subsets of CD4+Ly6C+ and CD8+Ly6C+ cells, while Ly6.1 strains (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have only CD8+Ly6C+ lymphocytes.
Cellular localizationCell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor.
- Ly 6c antibody
- Ly6c protein antibody
- Ly6c1 antibody
ab24973 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Feng Z et al. Ly6G+ neutrophil-derived miR-223 inhibits the NLRP3 inflammasome in mitochondrial DAMP-induced acute lung injury. Cell Death Dis 8:e3170 (2017). PubMed: 29144508
- Liyanage SE et al. Flow cytometric analysis of inflammatory and resident myeloid populations in mouse ocular inflammatory models. Exp Eye Res 151:160-70 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 27544307
- Zhao C et al. Nuclear Factor E2-related Factor-2 (Nrf2) Is Required for NLRP3 and AIM2 Inflammasome Activation. J Biol Chem 289:17020-17029 (2014). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 24798340
- Scindia Y et al. Activated CD4+ T cells target mesangial antigens and initiate glomerulonephritis. Nephron Exp Nephrol 121:e1-9 (2012). PubMed: 23095207
- Makaroff LE et al. Postthymic maturation influences the CD8 T cell response to antigen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4799-804 (2009). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 19270077