Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP504Y] to Lyn (phospho Y507)
- Suitable for: Dot blot, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Lyn (phospho Y507) antibody [EP504Y]
See all Lyn primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP504Y] to Lyn (phospho Y507)
The antibody will detect Lyn’s phosphorylation on Tyrosine 507.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Lyn (phospho Y507). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P07948
- WB: HeLa (untreated and treated with pervanadate) and Raji treated with pervanadate whole cell lysates. IP: SH-SY5Y treated with pervandate whole cell lysate.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33914 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 53-56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
FunctionDown regulates expression of stem cell growth factor receptor (KIT). Acts as an effector of EpoR (erythropoietin receptor) in controlling KIT expression and may play a central role in erythroid differentiation during the switch between proliferation and maturation (By similarity). Acts as a positive regulator of cell movement while negatively regulating adhesion to stromal cells by inhibiting the ICAM-1-binding activity of beta-2 integrins. Acts as the mediator that relays suppressing signals from the chemokine receptor CXCR4 to beta-2 integrin LFA-1 in hematopoietic precursors. Involved in induction of stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK), but not ERK or p38 MAPK, in response to genotoxic agents. Induces SAPK by a MKK7- and MEKK1-dependent mechanism. The LYN -> MEKK1 -> MKK7 -> SAPK pathway is functional in the induction of apoptosis by genotoxic agents.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in a variety of organs, tissues, and cell types such as epidermoid, hematopoietic, and neuronal cells. Expressed in primary neuroblastoma tumors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. SRC subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
DomainThe protein kinase domain plays an important role in its localization in the cell membrane.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Ubiquitination is SH3-dependent.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Golgi apparatus. Accumulates in the nucleus by inhibition of CRM1-mediated nuclear export. Nuclear accumulation is increased by inhibition of its kinase activity. The trafficking from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane occurs in a kinase domain-dependent but kinase activity independent manner and is mediated by exocytic vesicular transport.
- Information by UniProt
FormThis protein is known to be similar in amino acid sequence to HCK (P08631), LCK (P06239), FYN (P06241), YES1 (P07947), and SRC (P12931). Therefore, cross-reactivity with these homologous proteins may be observed. We would be happy to provide immunogen alignment information upon request.
- AA407514 antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
- FLJ26625 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Lyn (phospho Y507) antibody [EP504Y] (ab33914) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Raji treated with 1mM pervanadate for 30 min whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Raji treated with 1mM pervanadate for 30 min whole cell lysate, the membrane was incubated with alkaline phosphatase.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 61 kDa
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Purified ab33914 at 1/80 dilution (2µg) immunoprecipitating Lyn in SH-SY5Y treated with pervandate whole cell lysate.
Lane 1 (input): SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma epithelial cell) treated with pervandate whole cell lysate 10µg
Lane 2 (+): ab33914 + SH-SY5Y treated with pervandate whole cell lysate.
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab256224 in SH-SY5Y treated with pervandate whole cell lysate.
VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) (1/1000 dilution) was used for Western blotting.
Blocking Buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Observed band size: 61 kDa
Dot blot analysis of Lyn (phospho Y507) phospho peptide (Lane 1) and Lyn non-phospho peptide (Lane 2) labelling Lyn (phospho Y507) with ab33914 at a dilution of 1/1000. A Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated (ab97051) was used as the secondary antibody at a dilution of 1/100,000.
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM /TBST.
All lanes : Anti-Lyn (phospho Y507) antibody [EP504Y] (ab33914) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : 10ug Non treated HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : 10ug HeLa cell lysate treated with Pervanadate
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab33914 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Xu Y et al. MicroRNA-218-5p inhibits cell growth and metastasis in cervical cancer via LYN/NF-?B signaling pathway. Cancer Cell Int 18:198 (2018). PubMed: 30524205
- Gavali S et al. LYN, a key mediator in estrogen-dependent suppression of osteoclast differentiation, survival, and function. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:547-557 (2018). PubMed: 30579930
- Tondera C et al. Insights into binding of S100 proteins to scavenger receptors: class B scavenger receptor CD36 binds S100A12 with high affinity. Amino Acids 49:183-191 (2017). PubMed: 27734162
- Sharma N et al. SHP2 phosphatase promotes mast cell chemotaxis toward stem cell factor via enhancing activation of the Lyn/Vav/Rac signaling axis. J Immunol 192:4859-66 (2014). PubMed: 24733849
- Luo W et al. A balance between B cell receptor and inhibitory receptor signaling controls plasma cell differentiation by maintaining optimal Ets1 levels. J Immunol 193:909-20 (2014). PubMed: 24929000
- Clark MC et al. Galectin-3 binds to CD45 on diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cells to regulate susceptibility to cell death. Blood 120:4635-44 (2012). PubMed: 23065155
- Lee EJ et al. Capsiate inhibits ultraviolet B-induced skin inflammation by inhibiting Src family kinases and epidermal growth factor receptor signaling. Free Radic Biol Med 48:1133-43 (2010). PubMed: 20123015
- Hussein K et al. Opposite expression pattern of Src kinase Lyn in acute and chronic haematological malignancies. Ann Hematol 88:1059-67 (2009). PubMed: 19290526
- McPherson VA et al. SH2 domain-containing phosphatase-2 protein-tyrosine phosphatase promotes Fc epsilon RI-induced activation of Fyn and Erk pathways leading to TNF alpha release from bone marrow-derived mast cells. J Immunol 183:4940-7 (2009). PubMed: 19786542
- Kinoshita T et al. Protein purification and preliminary crystallographic analysis of human Lyn tyrosine kinase. Protein Expr Purif 58:318-24 (2008). PubMed: 18272395