Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Lysozyme
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-Lysozyme antibody
See all Lysozyme primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lysozyme
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Lysozyme isolated from urine of patients with monocytic leukemia.
- In Western Blot, this antibody gave a positive signal in HL60 Whole Cell Lysate and in Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2408 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionLysozymes have primarily a bacteriolytic function; those in tissues and body fluids are associated with the monocyte-macrophage system and enhance the activity of immunoagents.
Involvement in diseaseAmyloidosis 8
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 22 family.
- Information by UniProt
- 1 4 beta N acetylmuramidase C antibody
- 1 antibody
- 4-beta-N-acetylmuramidase C antibody
Ab2408 staining lysozyme in human colon. Staining is localised to cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue, staining Lysozyme with ab2408.
ab2408 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Mao Y et al. Processed human amniotic fluid retains its antibacterial activity. J Transl Med 17:68 (2019). PubMed: 30823930
- Burg JM et al. Lysine-Specific Demethylase 1A (KDM1A/LSD1): Product Recognition and Kinetic Analysis of Full-Length Histones. Biochemistry 55:1652-62 (2016). PubMed: 26673564
- Forbester JL et al. Interaction of Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhimurium with Intestinal Organoids Derived from Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Infect Immun 83:2926-34 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25964470