Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Lysozyme
- Suitable for: Dot blot, WB, ELISA, IP
- Reacts with: Chicken
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Lysozyme antibody
See all Lysozyme primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lysozyme
Specificityab34799 recognises purified and partially purified Lysozyme.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, WB, ELISA, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Chicken Lysozyme. Purified Lysozyme from chicken egg white.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 0.42% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from monospecific antiserum by a delipidation and defibrination.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34799 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
|ELISA||1/1000 - 1/2000.
This product has been assayed against 1.0 µg of Lysozyme in a standard sandwich ELISA using Peroxidase conjugated Afinity Purified anti-Rabbit IgG and ABTS (2,2'-azino-bis-(3-ethylbenthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid))as a substrate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
FunctionLysozymes have primarily a bacteriolytic function; those in tissues and body fluids are associated with the monocyte-macrophage system and enhance the activity of immunoagents.
Involvement in diseaseAmyloidosis 8
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 22 family.
- Information by UniProt
- 1 4 beta N acetylmuramidase C antibody
- 1 antibody
- 4-beta-N-acetylmuramidase C antibody
ab34799 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Akama K et al. Protein disulfide isomerase-P5, down-regulated in the final stage of boar epididymal sperm maturation, catalyzes disulfide formation to inhibit protein function in oxidative refolding of reduced denatured lysozyme. Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:1272-84 (2010). PubMed: 20152940
- Setälä NL et al. Interaction of phospholipid transfer protein with human tear fluid mucins. J Lipid Res 51:3126-34 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20724654