Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to M13 + Fd Bacteriophage Coat Proteins
- Suitable for: Indirect ELISA, ELISA
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-M13 + Fd Bacteriophage Coat Proteins antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to M13 + Fd Bacteriophage Coat Proteins
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Indirect ELISA, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
General notesConcentration: 5.5 mg/ml- 7.5 mg/ml
Can be used as a capture antibody when coated directly on microtiter plates, or as a primary detection antibody for specifically captured M13 or fd phage. May be useful in rapidly sorting large phage display libraries (antibody, peptide etc.) with the expressed proteins fused to either the gene III or gene VIII protein of the filamentous phage. May be used as a reagent in "phage ELISA" offering sensitive and specific activity for detection of recombinant phages.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesCan be used as a capture antibody when coated directly on microtiter plates, or as a primary detection antibody for specifically captured M13 or fd phage. May be useful in rapidly sorting large phage display libraries (antibody, peptide etc.) with the expressed proteins fused to either the gene III or gene VIII protein of the filamentous phage. May be used as a reagent in "phage ELISA" offering sensitive and specific activity for detection of recombinant phages.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6188 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Indirect ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. At least 1/1000 for 5 x107 phage/mlat least 1/8000 for 5 x 1010 phage/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceM13 is a filamentous bacteriophage composed of circular single stranded DNA (ssDNA) which is 6407 nucleotides long encapsulated in approximately 2700 copies of the major coat protein P8, and capped with 5 copies of two different minor coat proteins (P9, P6, P3) on the ends.
- Coat protein A antibody
- Coat protein B antibody
- Coat protein C polypeptide I antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab6188 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Li X et al. A novel peptide targets CD105 for tumour imaging in vivo. Oncol Rep 40:2935-2943 (2018). PubMed: 30132552
- Phipps ML et al. Beyond Helper Phage: Using "Helper Cells" to Select Peptide Affinity Ligands. PLoS One 11:e0160940 (2016). PubMed: 27626637
- Vargas-Sanchez K et al. DNA Subtraction of In Vivo Selected Phage Repertoires for Efficient Peptide Pathology Biomarker Identification in Neuroinflammation Multiple Sclerosis Model. Biomark Insights 11:19-29 (2016). PubMed: 26917946
- Costantini TW et al. Intravenous phage display identifies peptide sequences that target the burn-injured intestine. Peptides 38:94-9 (2012). PubMed: 22960048
- Wu D et al. Phage Displayed Peptides to Avian H5N1 Virus Distinguished the Virus from Other Viruses. PLoS One 6:e23058 (2011). ELISA . PubMed: 21887228
- Antonara S et al. Borrelia burgdorferi adhesins identified using in vivo phage display. Mol Microbiol 66:262-76 (2007). ELISA . PubMed: 17784908
- Kelly KA et al. SPARC is a VCAM-1 counter-ligand that mediates leukocyte transmigration. J Leukoc Biol 81:748-56 (2007). ICC/IF . PubMed: 17178915
- Hekim C et al. Novel peptide inhibitors of human kallikrein 2. J Biol Chem 281:12555-60 (2006). PubMed: 16527822
- Kelly KA et al. Detection of vascular adhesion molecule-1 expression using a novel multimodal nanoparticle. Circ Res 96:327-36 (2005). PubMed: 15653572