Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to M6PR (cation independent)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-M6PR (cation independent) antibody
See all M6PR (cation independent) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to M6PR (cation independent)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, African green monkey
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human M6PR (cation independent) aa 700-800 (internal sequence) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Methanol fixed cell lines: MCF-7 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12894 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. This antibody worked well in IF in HeLa cells but not in SK-N-SH cells.|
FunctionTransport of phosphorylated lysosomal enzymes from the Golgi complex and the cell surface to lysosomes. Lysosomal enzymes bearing phosphomannosyl residues bind specifically to mannose-6-phosphate receptors in the Golgi apparatus and the resulting receptor-ligand complex is transported to an acidic prelyosomal compartment where the low pH mediates the dissociation of the complex. This receptor also binds IGF2. Acts as a positive regulator of T-cell coactivation, by binding DPP4.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MRL1/IGF2R family.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-II domain.
DomainContains 15 repeating units of approximately 147 AA harboring four disulfide bonds each. The most highly conserved region within the repeat consists of a stretch of 13 AA that contains cysteines at both ends.
Cellular localizationLysosome membrane. Colocalized with DPP4 in internalized cytoplasmic vesicles adjacent to the cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- 300 kDa mannose 6 phosphate receptor antibody
- 300 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor antibody
- Cation independent mannose 6 phosphate receptor antibody
HeLa cells labelled with anti-mannose-6-phosphate receptor (ab12894). ab12894 was used at a working concentration of 4µg/ml. The arrows indicate the perinuclear location of the mannose-6-phosphate receptor in the late endosomes. In the final panel DAPI is pseudo-coloured red, while the mannose-6-phosphate receptor is in green.
ab12894 at 1/100 staining human MCF-7 cells by ICC/IF. The cells were methanol fixed and blocked with BSA prior to incubation with the antibody for 1 hour. A goat anti-rabbit FITC was used as the secondary.
ab12894 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Fong LK et al. Full-length amyloid precursor protein regulates lipoprotein metabolism and amyloid-ß clearance in human astrocytes. J Biol Chem 293:11341-11357 (2018). PubMed: 29858247
- Liu Y et al. Endocytic processing of adeno-associated virus type 8 vectors for transduction of target cells. Gene Ther : (2012). Human . PubMed: 22622241
- Shen Y et al. Mutations in PNKD causing paroxysmal dyskinesia alters protein cleavage and stability. Hum Mol Genet 20:2322-32 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21487022
- Nishitsuji K et al. The E693Delta mutation in amyloid precursor protein increases intracellular accumulation of amyloid beta oligomers and causes endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis in cultured cells. Am J Pathol 174:957-69 (2009). ICC/IF ; African green monkey . PubMed: 19164507
- Clarke JH et al. Distribution and neuronal expression of phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase IIgamma in the mouse brain. J Comp Neurol 517:296-312 (2009). PubMed: 19757494