Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 1 alpha / CCL3
- Suitable for: Indirect ELISA, WB, ELISA, Neutralising
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 1 alpha / CCL3 antibody
See all Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 1 alpha / CCL3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 1 alpha / CCL3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Indirect ELISA, WB, ELISA, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant rMIP-1-alpha (Rat macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha)
- Recombinant rat Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 1 alpha / CCL3 (ab9782) can be used as a positive control in WB.
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9781 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Indirect ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19291322|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To detect rMIP-1-alpha by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant rMIP-1-alpha is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To detect rMIP-1-alpha by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant rMIP-1-alpha.
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of rMIP-1a (100 ng/ml), a concentration of 8.0 - 10.0 µg/ml of this antibody is required.
FunctionMonokine with inflammatory and chemokinetic properties. Binds to CCR1, CCR4 and CCR5. One of the major HIV-suppressive factors produced by CD8+ T-cells. Recombinant MIP-1-alpha induces a dose-dependent inhibition of different strains of HIV-1, HIV-2, and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed form LD78-alpha(4-69) is produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from HTLV1-transformed T-cells.
- Information by UniProt
- C C motif chemokine 3 antibody
- CCL 3 antibody
- CCL3 antibody
Indirect ELISA measuring Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 1 alpha / CCL3 levels using ab9781.
Supernatants collected from rat cerebral cortical cells after various treatments were coated onto 96-well flat bottom plates and incubated overnight at 4°C. The plates were blocked with 1% BSA at 37°C for 45 min before incubation with primary antibody (1/1000) in bicarbonate buffer overnight at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated secondary IgG (1/1000) was added and incubated for 45 min at 37°C, in the dark. The reaction was developed by adding o-phenylene diamine H2O2 for 20 min. Optical density was measured at 450 nm.
ab9781 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Xue N et al. Plasma Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor and CCL3 as Potential Biomarkers for Distinguishing Patients with Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma from High-Risk Individuals Who Have Positive Epstein-Barr Virus Capsid Antigen-Specific IgA. Cancer Res Treat 51:378-390 (2019). PubMed: 29807404
- Johnson EA et al. Increased expression of the chemokines CXCL1 and MIP-1a by resident brain cells precedes neutrophil infiltration in the brain following prolonged soman-induced status epilepticus in rats. J Neuroinflammation 8:41 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 21535896
- Tripathy D & Grammas P Acetaminophen protects brain endothelial cells against oxidative stress. Microvasc Res 77:289-96 (2009). ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 19265712
- Tripathy D & Grammas P Acetaminophen inhibits neuronal inflammation and protects neurons from oxidative stress. J Neuroinflammation 6:10 (2009). Indirect ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 19291322
- Sanchez A et al. RANTES release contributes to the protective action of PACAP38 against sodium nitroprusside in cortical neurons. Neuropeptides 43:315-20 (2009). ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 19497618