Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MAD2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MAD2 antibody
See all MAD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Baboon, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide mapping to a region between residues 100 and 150 of human MAD2 (according to SwissProt entry Q13257)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70383 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at 2-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionComponent of the spindle-assembly checkpoint that prevents the onset of anaphase until all chromosomes are properly aligned at the metaphase plate. Required for the execution of the mitotic checkpoint which monitors the process of kinetochore-spindle attachment and inhibits the activity of the anaphase promoting complex by sequestering CDC20 until all chromosomes are aligned at the metaphase plate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAD2 family.
Contains 1 HORMA domain.
DomainThe protein has two highly different native conformations, an inactive open conformation that cannot bind CDC20 and that predominates in cytosolic monomers, and an active closed conformation. The protein in the closed conformation preferentially dimerizes with another molecule in the open conformation, but can also form a dimer with a molecule in the closed conformation. Formation of a heterotetrameric core complex containing two molecules of MAD1L1 and of MAD2L1 in the closed conformation promotes binding of another molecule of MAD2L1 in the open conformation and the conversion of the open to the closed form, and thereby promotes interaction with CDC20.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine residues. The level of phosphorylation varies during the cell cycle and is highest during mitosis. Phosphorylation abolishes interaction with MAD1L1 and reduces interaction with CDC20. Phosphorylated by NEK2.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Recruited by MAD1L1 to unattached kinetochores (Probable). Recruited to the nuclear pore complex by TPR during interphase. Recruited to kinetochores in late prometaphase after BUB1, CENPF, BUB1B and CENPE. Kinetochore association requires the presence of NEK2. Kinetochore association is repressed by UBD.
- Information by UniProt
- HsMAD2 antibody
- MAD 2 antibody
- MAD2 like 1 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung carcinoma tissue labelling MAD2 with ab70383 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
ab70383 Immunoprecipitating MAD2 in human HeLa whole cell lysate. 200µg of cell lysate was incubated with primary antibody (2 µg/ml in NETN buffer) and matrix (Protein A/G) for 16 hours at 4°C. For western blotting ab70383 (1/1000) was used to confirm successful immunoprecipation.
ICC/IF image of ab70383 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70383, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab70383 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Park Y et al. Zw10 is a spindle assembly checkpoint protein that regulates meiotic maturation in mouse oocytes. Histochem Cell Biol 152:207-215 (2019). PubMed: 31250100
- Zhang Q et al. The oncogenic role of TRIP13 in regulating proliferation, invasion, and cell cycle checkpoint in NSCLC cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 12:3357-3366 (2019). PubMed: 31934178
- Lee M et al. The E2F activators control multiple mitotic regulators and maintain genomic integrity through Sgo1 and BubR1. Oncotarget 8:77649-77672 (2017). PubMed: 29100415
- Eliezer Y et al. Interplay between the DNA damage proteins MDC1 and ATM in the regulation of the spindle assembly checkpoint. J Biol Chem 289:8182-93 (2014). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 24509855
- Rajanala K et al. Phosphorylation of nucleoporin Tpr governs its differential localization and is required for its mitotic function. J Cell Sci 127:3505-20 (2014). PubMed: 24938596
- Sun W et al. Overexpression of p42.3 promotes cell growth and tumorigenicity in hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 19:2913-20 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23704824