Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR13657] to Mad2L2/REV7
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Mad2L2/REV7 antibody [EPR13657]
See all Mad2L2/REV7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR13657] to Mad2L2/REV7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Mad2L2/REV7 aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9UI95
- WB: K562, SW480, Hela, Molt-4 cell lysates. IHC-P: Human ovarian carcinoma tissue. ICC/IF: Hela cells. Flow Cyt: K562 cells IP: HeLa cell lysates
This product was previously labelled as Mad2L2.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.05% BSA, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
FunctionAdapter protein able to interact with different proteins and involved in different biological processes. Mediates the interaction between the error-prone DNA polymerase zeta catalytic subunit REV3L and the inserter polymerase REV1, thereby mediating the second polymerase switching in translesion DNA synthesis. Translesion DNA synthesis releases the replication blockade of replicative polymerases, stalled in presence of DNA lesions. May also regulate another aspect of cellular response to DNA damage through regulation of the JNK-mediated phosphorylation and activation of the transcriptional activator ELK1. Inhibits the FZR1- and probably CDC20-mediated activation of the anaphase promoting complex APC thereby regulating progression through the cell cycle. Regulates TCF7L2-mediated gene transcription and may play a role in epithelial-mesenchymal transdifferentiation.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HORMA domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Homolog of REV7 S cerevisiae antibody
- hREV7 antibody
- MAD2 (mitotic arrest deficient yeast, homolog) like 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Mad2L2/REV7 antibody [EPR13657] (ab180579) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : SW480 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 4 : Molt-4 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells labelling Mad2L2/REV7 with ab129199 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde. ab150077, an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Control: PBS only.
Nuclear counter stain: DAPI.
Immunoprecipitation of HeLa cell lysate labeling Mad2L2/REV7 using ab180579 at 1/40 dilution (lane 1) or negative control (lane 2) followed by anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1500.
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformadehyde fixed K562 cells labeling Mad2L2/REV7 with ab180579 at 1/70 dilution and Goat anti rabbit IgG (FITC) at 1/50.
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma tissue labeling Mad2L2/REV7 using ab180579 at a 1/50 dilution and ImmunoHistoprobe HRP Polymer for Rabbit IgG. Counterstained with hematoxylin. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab180579 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Li J et al. Aurora B prevents aneuploidy via MAD2 during the first mitotic cleavage in oxidatively damaged embryos. Cell Prolif 52:e12657 (2019). PubMed: 31264311
- Mirman Z et al. 53BP1-RIF1-shieldin counteracts DSB resection through CST- and Pola-dependent fill-in. Nature 560:112-116 (2018). PubMed: 30022158
- Chen W et al. Effects of downregulated expression of microRNA-187 in gastric cancer. Exp Ther Med 16:1061-1070 (2018). PubMed: 30112051
- Tonzi P et al. Translesion polymerase kappa-dependent DNA synthesis underlies replication fork recovery. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30422114
- Nascimento AV et al. Overcoming cisplatin resistance in non-small cell lung cancer with Mad2 silencing siRNA delivered systemically using EGFR-targeted chitosan nanoparticles. Acta Biomater 47:71-80 (2017). PubMed: 27697601
- Tang H et al. MAD2B-mediated SnoN downregulation is implicated in fibroblast activation and tubulointerstitial fibrosis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 311:F207-16 (2016). PubMed: 27122545