Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MafB
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MafB antibody
See all MafB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MafB
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Zebrafish
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human MafB protein
- WB: HepG2 cell lysate IHC-P: Human kidney tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator or repressor. Plays a pivotal role in regulating lineage-specific hematopoiesis by repressing ETS1-mediated transcription of erythroid-specific genes in myeloid cells. Required for monocytic, macrophage, podocyte and islet beta cell differentiation. Involved in renal tubule survival and F4/80 maturation. Activates the insulin and glucagon promoters. Together with PAX6, transactivates weakly the glucagon gene promoter through the G1 element. SUMO modification controls its transcriptional activity and ability to specify macrophage fate. Binds element G1 on the glucagon promoter (By similarity). Involved either as an oncogene or as a tumor suppressor, depending on the cell context.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAFB are the cause of multicentric carpotarsal osteolysis syndrome (MCTO) [MIM:166300]. MCTO is a rare skeletal disorder, usually presenting in early childhood with a clinical picture mimicking juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Progressive destruction of the carpal and tarsal bone usually occurs and other bones may also be involved. Chronic renal failure is a frequent component of the syndrome. Mental retardation and minor facial anomalies have been noted in some patients.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Maf subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainThe leucine-zipper domain is involved in the interaction with LRPICD.
modificationsPhosphorylated by GSK3 and MAPK13 on serine and threonine residues.
Sumoylated. Sumoylation on Lys-32 and Lys-297 stimulates its transcriptional repression activity and promotes macrophage differentiation from myeloid progenitors.
- Information by UniProt
- Kreisler antibody
- Kreisler (mouse) maf related leucine zipper homolog antibody
- Kreisler maf related leucine zipper homolog antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analyisis of human kidney tissue labelling MafB with ab66506 at an 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively labelled epithelial cells of the renal tubule. Magnification: 400X.
Anti-MafB antibody (ab66506) at 1.25 µg/ml + HepG2 (human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
Additional bands at: 25 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab66506 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Chen J et al. A Convenient Cas9-based Conditional Knockout Strategy for Simultaneously Targeting Multiple Genes in Mouse. Sci Rep 7:517 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28364122
- Pajcini KV et al. MAFB enhances oncogenic Notch signaling in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Sci Signal 10:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29138297
- Hasan S et al. Myelo-erythroid commitment after burn injury is under ß-adrenergic control via MafB regulation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 312:C286-C301 (2017). PubMed: 28031160
- Bunaciu RP et al. 6-Formylindolo(3,2-b)Carbazole (FICZ) Modulates the Signalsome Responsible for RA-Induced Differentiation of HL-60 Myeloblastic Leukemia Cells. PLoS One 10:e0135668 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26287494
- Menéndez-Gutiérrez MP et al. Retinoid X receptors orchestrate osteoclast differentiation and postnatal bone remodeling. J Clin Invest 125:809-23 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25574839
- Kilcoyne KR et al. Fetal programming of adult Leydig cell function by androgenic effects on stem/progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1924-32 (2014). IHC-P . PubMed: 24753613
- Beaty TH et al. A genome-wide association study of cleft lip with and without cleft palate identifies risk variants near MAFB and ABCA4. Nat Genet 42:525-9 (2010). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20436469
- Smink JJ et al. Transcription factor C/EBPbeta isoform ratio regulates osteoclastogenesis through MafB. EMBO J 28:1769-81 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19440205