Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Major Basic Protein
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Major Basic Protein antibody
See all Major Basic Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Major Basic Protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Major Basic Protein aa 17-222.
LHLRSETSTFETPLGAKTLPEDEETPEQEMEETPCRELEEEEEWGSGSED ASKKDGAVES ISVPDMVDKNLTCPEEEDTVKVVGIPGCQTCRYLLVRSLQTFSQAWFTCR RCYRGNLVSI HNFNINYRIQCSVSALNQGQVWIGGRITGSGRCRRFQWVDGSRWNFAYWA AHQPWSRGGH CVALCTRGGHWRRAHCLRRLPFICSY
Database link: P13727
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29293)
- Mouse kidney normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29305)
- MCF7 whole cell lysate (ab29537)
- Mouse heart normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab30291)
- MCF7 whole cell lysate (ab3871)
- HL60 whole cell lysate (ab7914)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab7937)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab187523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
FunctionCytotoxin and helminthotoxin. Also induces non-cytolytic histamine release from human basophils. Involved in antiparasitic defense mechanisms and immune hypersensitivity reactions. The proform acts as a proteinase inhibitor, reducing the activity of PAPPA.
Tissue specificityHigh levels of the proform in placenta and pregnancy serum; in placenta, localized to X cells of septa and anchoring villi. Lower levels in a variety of other tissues including kidney, myometrium, endometrium, ovaries, breast, prostate, bone marrow and colon.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Developmental stageLevels of the proform increase in serum and placenta during pregnancy.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle. The proform is secreted. The mature protein is found in the matrix of the eosinophil's large specific granule and Secreted. The proform is secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- BMPG antibody
- Bone marrow proteoglycan antibody
- EMBP antibody
All lanes : Anti-Major Basic Protein antibody (ab187523) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : L-02 (human adenocarcinoma cell line) cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 (human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line from bone marrow) cell lysate
Lane 4 : THP-1 (human monocytic leukemia cell line) cell lysate
Lane 5 : HL-60 (human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) cell lysate
Lane 6 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 7 : Mouse spleen tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 23 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 second
Blocking/Diluting buffer: 3% NFDM/TBST
ab187523 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liang C et al. Construction of an irreversible allergic rhinitis-induced olfactory loss mouse model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 513:635-641 (2019). PubMed: 30981508
- Jin H et al. Activated Eosinophils are Present in Esophageal Muscle in Patients with Achalasia of the Esophagus. Med Sci Monit 24:2377-2383 (2018). PubMed: 29672471
- Engmann J et al. Increased Activity and Apoptosis of Eosinophils in Blister Fluids, Skin and Peripheral Blood of Patients with Bullous Pemphigoid. Acta Derm Venereol 97:464-471 (2017). PubMed: 27868136
- Tamarozzi F et al. Wolbachia endosymbionts induce neutrophil extracellular trap formation in human onchocerciasis. Sci Rep 6:35559 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27752109