Product nameAnti-Major Basic Protein antibody
See all Major Basic Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Major Basic Protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Major Basic Protein aa 17-222.
LHLRSETSTFETPLGAKTLPEDEETPEQEMEETPCRELEEEEEWGSGSED ASKKDGAVES ISVPDMVDKNLTCPEEEDTVKVVGIPGCQTCRYLLVRSLQTFSQAWFTCR RCYRGNLVSI HNFNINYRIQCSVSALNQGQVWIGGRITGSGRCRRFQWVDGSRWNFAYWA AHQPWSRGGH CVALCTRGGHWRRAHCLRRLPFICSY
Database link: P13727
- BT474, MCF7, HL-60, Mouse kidney, Mouse heart and Mouse spleen extracts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.3
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29293)
- Mouse kidney normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29305)
- MCF7 whole cell lysate (ab29537)
- Mouse heart normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab30291)
- MCF7 whole cell lysate (ab3871)
- HL60 whole cell lysate (ab7914)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab7937)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab187523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCytotoxin and helminthotoxin. Also induces non-cytolytic histamine release from human basophils. Involved in antiparasitic defense mechanisms and immune hypersensitivity reactions. The proform acts as a proteinase inhibitor, reducing the activity of PAPPA.
Tissue specificityHigh levels of the proform in placenta and pregnancy serum; in placenta, localized to X cells of septa and anchoring villi. Lower levels in a variety of other tissues including kidney, myometrium, endometrium, ovaries, breast, prostate, bone marrow and colon.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Developmental stageLevels of the proform increase in serum and placenta during pregnancy.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle. The proform is secreted. The mature protein is found in the matrix of the eosinophil's large specific granule and Secreted. The proform is secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- BMPG antibody
- Bone marrow proteoglycan antibody
- EMBP antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Jin H et al. Activated Eosinophils are Present in Esophageal Muscle in Patients with Achalasia of the Esophagus. Med Sci Monit 24:2377-2383 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29672471) »
- Tamarozzi F et al. Wolbachia endosymbionts induce neutrophil extracellular trap formation in human onchocerciasis. Sci Rep 6:35559 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 27752109) »