Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Malondialdehyde
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Malondialdehyde antibody
See all Malondialdehyde primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Malondialdehyde
SpecificityThis antibody specifically binds to Malondialdehyde LDL and other Malondialdehyde modified proteins.
Chemical/ Small Molecule MDA modified protein
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.2% PBS, 0.0292% EDTA, 0.435% Sodium chloride, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis antibody was purified by MDA modified protein Sepharose affinity column.
RelevanceMalondialdehyde (MDA) is a natural product formed in all mammalian cells as a product of lipid peroxidation. MDA is a highly reactive three carbon dialdehyde produced as a byproduct of polyunsaturated fatty acid peroxidation and arachidonic acid metabolism. MDA readily combines with several functional groups on molecules including proteins, lipoproteins, and DNA. It reacts with DNA to form adducts to deoxyguanosine and deoxyadenosine. The major adduct to DNA is a pyrimidopurinone called M1G which appears to be a major endogenous DNA adduct in human beings that may contribute significantly to cancer linked to lifestyle and dietary factors. MDA modified proteins may show altered physico chemical behavior and antigenicity. MDA is toxic and has been implicated in aging mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, diabetic nephropathy and radiation damage. Increased expression of MDA has been reported in the brains of Alzheimer's patients. Antibodies to MDA will help to visualize the MDA adducts.
- 1133 Tetramethoxypropane antibody
- MDA antibody
ab27642 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Shin MG et al. Selenoprotein W deficiency does not affect oxidative stress and insulin sensitivity in the skeletal muscle of high-fat diet-fed obese mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 317:C1172-C1182 (2019). PubMed: 31509445
- Niu X et al. Influence of malondialdehyde-induced modifications on physicochemical and digestibility characteristics of whey protein isolate. J Food Biochem 43:e13041 (2019). PubMed: 31502294
- Tiao MM et al. Resveratrol ameliorates maternal and post-weaning high-fat diet-induced nonalcoholic fatty liver disease via renin-angiotensin system. Lipids Health Dis 17:178 (2018). PubMed: 30055626
- Tsai CC et al. Melatonin alleviates liver steatosis induced by prenatal dexamethasone exposure and postnatal high-fat diet. Exp Ther Med 16:917-924 (2018). PubMed: 30112044
- Kamandulis S et al. Prolonged force depression after mechanically demanding contractions is largely independent of Ca2+ and reactive oxygen species. FASEB J 31:4809-4820 (2017). PubMed: 28716970