Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Malondialdehyde (HRP)
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Malondialdehyde antibody (HRP)
See all Malondialdehyde primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Malondialdehyde (HRP)
SpecificitySpecifically binds to malondialdehyde modified proteins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Unfortunately, this information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 0.134% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20703 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceMalondialdehyde (MDA) is a natural product formed in all mammalian cells as a product of lipid peroxidation. MDA is a highly reactive three carbon dialdehyde produced as a byproduct of polyunsaturated fatty acid peroxidation and arachidonic acid metabolism. MDA readily combines with several functional groups on molecules including proteins, lipoproteins, and DNA. It reacts with DNA to form adducts to deoxyguanosine and deoxyadenosine. The major adduct to DNA is a pyrimidopurinone called M1G which appears to be a major endogenous DNA adduct in human beings that may contribute significantly to cancer linked to lifestyle and dietary factors. MDA modified proteins may show altered physico chemical behavior and antigenicity. MDA is toxic and has been implicated in aging mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, diabetic nephropathy and radiation damage. Increased expression of MDA has been reported in the brains of Alzheimer's patients. Antibodies to MDA will help to visualize the MDA adducts.
- 1133 Tetramethoxypropane antibody
- MDA antibody
ab20703 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Kempf SJ et al. Chronic low-dose-rate ionising radiation affects the hippocampal phosphoproteome in the ApoE-/- Alzheimer's mouse model. Oncotarget 7:71817-71832 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27708245
- Kempf SJ et al. An integrated proteomics approach shows synaptic plasticity changes in an APP/PS1 Alzheimer's mouse model. Oncotarget 7:33627-48 (2016). PubMed: 27144524